PDA

View Full Version : get new zelda classic 2.11 beta 8 here.

Nicholas Steel
03-03-2006, 08:43 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=90367

read the thread to see whats new!

post all bugs here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=90369)

Nimono
03-03-2006, 08:45 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=90367
Beta 8 already?! What's new here? Is it stable enough to make quests with?

Nicholas Steel
03-03-2006, 09:07 PM
just tested diagonal walking and its now KICKASS compared to what it was.

Nimono
03-03-2006, 09:08 PM
just tested diagonal walking and its now KICKASS compared to what it was.
Does that mean it's stable enough or not?

Nicholas Steel
03-03-2006, 09:10 PM
im not sure... as its only just come out today... its still beta tho... but they have fixed most annoyances and they added somemore bad guys.

Nimono
03-03-2006, 09:36 PM
im not sure... as its only just come out today... its still beta tho... but they have fixed most annoyances and they added somemore bad guys.
Wow, it looks so cool! I can't wait until they add the Roc's Feather!

I have a few questions:
1: What is Z3 Animation?
2: What is "Large Link Hit Box"?
3: What stuff will you be able to see in the BS-Zelda subscreens?
4: What's MISC: Subscreen Vine?
5: What are Combo Aliases?
6: What are the following:
Full Priority Damage combos, Expanded Link Tile Mod., Save Point Combo, Save-Quit Point Combo, Sensitive Warp Combo, Trigger (Sens. Perm. and Sens. Temp.) Combos, and Step->Next combos.

Rakki
03-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Wow, it looks so cool! I can't wait until they add the Roc's Feather!

I have a few questions:
1: What is Z3 Animation?
2: What is "Large Link Hit Box"?
3: What stuff will you be able to see in the BS-Zelda subscreens?
4: What's MISC: Subscreen Vine?
5: What are Combo Aliases?
6: What are the following:
Full Priority Damage combos, Expanded Link Tile Mod., Save Point Combo, Save-Quit Point Combo, Sensitive Warp Combo, Trigger (Sens. Perm. and Sens. Temp.) Combos, and Step->Next combos.
I can answer a few of these questions.
1. Z3 animation uses 8 frames of animation per direction instead of 2 or 3, and left and right have their own separate frames (instead of one direction being mirrored).
2. Large Link Hit Box changes Link's collision size to what it is in ALttP.
3. I believe the BS-Zelda subscreens simply re-arrange items and equipment and frames and whatnot so it looks just like it does in BS Zelda.
5. Combo Aliases are a way to place many combos in a single click. You simply create an alias of a number of combos, choose a combo for each square in the alias, then press O on the keyboard until "Alias" is showing in the bottom left corner of the screen, and click on an alias in the alias window (replaces the combo window), then click somewhere on the screen to place all the combos in that alias.
6. Sensitive Warp Combo, Trigger (Sens. Perm.) and Trigger (Sens. Temp.) are Warp, Permanent Trigger and Temporary Trigger combos that activate as SOON as you touch them, rather than you having to be all the way on them for them to work. I believe the Step->Next combo changes the combo to the next one in the list whenever Link steps on it. I'm surprised that one was added already, seeing as it was just suggested like, two weeks ago. :p

Nimono
03-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I can answer a few of these questions.
1. Z3 animation uses 8 frames of animation per direction instead of 2 or 3, and left and right have their own separate frames (instead of one direction being mirrored).
2. Large Link Hit Box changes Link's collision size to what it is in ALttP.
3. I believe the BS-Zelda subscreens simply re-arrange items and equipment and frames and whatnot so it looks just like it does in BS Zelda.
5. Combo Aliases are a way to place many combos in a single click. You simply create an alias of a number of combos, choose a combo for each square in the alias, then press O on the keyboard until "Alias" is showing in the bottom left corner of the screen, and click on an alias in the alias window (replaces the combo window), then click somewhere on the screen to place all the combos in that alias.
6. Sensitive Warp Combo, Trigger (Sens. Perm.) and Trigger (Sens. Temp.) are Warp, Permanent Trigger and Temporary Trigger combos that activate as SOON as you touch them, rather than you having to be all the way on them for them to work. I believe the Step->Next combo changes the combo to the next one in the list whenever Link steps on it. I'm surprised that one was added already, seeing as it was just suggested like, two weeks ago. :p
I already like the Save Point Combo. Just press Start while on it and you can save, just like in Metroid games! That settles it! I'm going to make my Metroid game on 2.11 so I can use this combo!

Nicholas Steel
03-03-2006, 10:40 PM
snortsias quest is wicked on this release.

Nimono
03-03-2006, 10:47 PM
snortsias quest is wicked on this release.
Really? So, if I'm going to use the "1/4 Life bar" rule, where do I make the 1/4 Heart tile?

Nicholas Steel
03-03-2006, 10:49 PM
it is wicked because most issues that plaqued his quest are now gone... however i havnt made much progress yet... last i played i got upto level 4 i think but now i've only done level 1.

Nimono
03-03-2006, 10:57 PM
it is wicked because most issues that plaqued his quest are now gone... however i havnt made much progress yet... last i played i got upto level 4 i think but now i've only done level 1.
I have another question:
What stuff is new (not in 2.10) in this version (when it comes to tiles, items, and Weapons stuff)? I need to know so I can get ready for a full-release version (unless they decide to make this beta the full version).

Oh boy. Viewing the overworld map makes layers mess up....

Rakki
03-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Oh no no no, there's still too many bugs that people are finding in this beta for it to become the REAL release, I think. Plus, some 2.11 features aren't even finished yet.

Anyway, I suddenly felt the urge to document all new features, if someone else isn't already doing it. :p If they aren't, I'll make a post about it in the Beta Discussion subforum.

Nimono
03-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Oh no no no, there's still too many bugs that people are finding in this beta for it to become the REAL release, I think. Plus, some 2.11 features aren't even finished yet.

Anyway, I suddenly felt the urge to document all new features, if someone else isn't already doing it. :p If they aren't, I'll make a post about it in the Beta Discussion subforum.
If you do that, please be sure to tell what they do and where to put their tiles (if needed). After all, I'm still wondering what each new Rule does! Also, do Arrows only use Ammo when you check the "True Arrows" rule? Where do I put the tile for the 1/4 Heart?

Okay, this I don't get. Everytime I close ZC or ZQuest in 2.11b8, it asks me if I want to "put some files into the archive" (I have this thing called WinRAR, by the way. I need it to play my emulator). What's up with that? Also, if I say yes, it makes something appear on the desktop, but it goes away quickly. Another problem I have is the fact that all but one of my Armos->Item flags aren't working...

Link
03-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Okay, this I don't get. Everytime I close ZC or ZQuest in 2.11b8, it asks me if I want to "put some files into the archive" (I have this thing called WinRAR, by the way. I need it to play my emulator). What's up with that?

I use WinRAR, you need to extract the files to a folder, then close the ZIP file.

You don't need to use WinRAR to play ZC, though.

Nimono
03-05-2006, 01:46 PM
I use WinRAR, you need to extract the files to a folder, then close the ZIP file.

You don't need to use WinRAR to play ZC, though.
I know you don't need WinRAR to play ZC. I said that I only have it so I can use my emulator. (And I got THAT so I can play all my favorite SNES games.)