PDA

View Full Version : Movies You Want Remade

Monica
03-02-2006, 11:37 PM
What movies do you want to see remade, since they remade a whole bunch?

What movies did they already remake that you enjoyed the originals more?

I think they should remake Little Shop of Horrors. It wouldn't be the same without the 86 cast, but if they would do the movie RIGHT and dark like it should be...(who changed the ending?????) it could be so awesome.

As for the ones with better originals, I loved Parent Trap so much more with Haylie Mills, Linsay Lohan was SOOOOOOO irritating in that movie. I enjoyed the original Freaky Friday as well, dunno why, and Lindsay's voice matured so she wasn't annoying in her version.

Y'all?

goKi
03-03-2006, 06:53 AM
None. Absolutely none. Can anyone name a movie remake better than the original. Off the top of my head, i can't think of one.

Lilith
03-03-2006, 07:16 AM
I'm sick of remakes. There's been SO many lately, it's driving me nuts. Another trend that's driving me nuts is the 3-hour-long-movie trend that started awhile ago. Yeah, it's nice for the occasional movie to be long, but goddamn.

rocksfan13
03-03-2006, 09:39 AM
I toltally agree. These creators need to get more um, how do you say....creative!

Come up with you own stories, jerks!

Regurgitation of an old idea just grinds my gears! Leave it alone.

ShadowTiger
03-03-2006, 10:06 AM
If only they'd make a remake of the Wing Commander movie, but instead of starring Freddie Prinz Jr, (Whoever.) They should've starred the actual cast of Wing Commander 3's in-game films. Those absolutely ruled. I loved WC3/4 with a passion, and the movies enhanced the experience like nothing I've ever seen. It'd be nice to give it a facelift as well, obviously. Maybe a better plot ...

Verman
03-03-2006, 10:06 AM
"just grinds my gears!"

Wahoo! Peter Griffon is the king!

ps. Remakes are bad, they were talking about remaking Casablanca, wouldn't that be retarded?

rocksfan13
03-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Absolutely! If they do that, I will lose all respect for hollywood.

Never mess with an absolute classic.

"You're gonna like it at our house Jenna Jamison." Peter Griffon does rule!

Quagmire is also cool! "Eh! Aaallllright! Gigidy."

Archibaldo
03-03-2006, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't say any movies need to be redone. I also haven't seen the originals of many movies so I couldn't tell you what remakes have been really bad.

Darth Marsden
03-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Star Wars: Episodes I & II.
Catwoman

...will think of more soon.

EDIT: I don't want them to remake Little Shop of Horrors again, but a DVD which had subtitles DURING THE F**KING SONGS would be nice. The whole point of having subtitles in a movie like that is to sing along to the songs, and they vanish as soon as someone tries to carry a tune! Useless.

DragonBlaze
03-03-2006, 04:33 PM
I guess I'm in the same crowd as Darth Mardsen -> I'd like to see a remake of the second two matrix movies.

Seriously, how about a Ben Hur remake, or Cleopatra?

ZTC
03-04-2006, 05:45 PM
for the most part, remakes suck

I can't remember the last remake that I liked.

Darth Marsden
03-04-2006, 07:19 PM
I can't remember the last remake that I liked.I can - Ocean's Eleven. I also liked the Little Shop of Horrors remake, except for the bit about subtitles I've mentioned elsewhere. I will agree though that most remakes, while not crap, are inferior to the original films.

*b*
03-05-2006, 01:58 AM
I'd like to see Stargate remade with the cast of SG-1, and change the storyline to fit a little better with the series. other than that, every movie remake so far has sucked, except Mr. Deeds. that was great

{DSG}DarkRaven
03-07-2006, 01:30 AM
Linsay Lohan was SOOOOOOO irritating in that movie.

An accurate statement, if you replace "was" with "is", and "in that movie" with nothing. I hate tween movies. They must be destroyed.

I vote the Super Mario Bros. movie, because anything could be better than the original.