PDA

View Full Version : How do I do layers?

alfinchkid
03-02-2006, 09:21 PM
I want to implement my own NPC's. How do I do the layers, and how do I center it?

Nimono
03-02-2006, 09:24 PM
I want to implement my own NPC's. How do I do the layers, and how do I center it?
To make the layers, start a new screen. Make it all "X"-colored tiles (the color is whatever has the "X" on it, meaning that it doesn't show up on layers. Next, place the NPC-guy wherever you want it (put the screen you're going to use this layer on on a layer for your current screen and make it transparent. That gives you a guide to use.). Then, go to the screen the layer goes on and put the guy on layer 3, 4, 5, or 6.

Rakki
03-03-2006, 02:38 AM
You simply have to create a new screen, as Pikaguy said, then go to the Layers page on the screen you want to add a layer to, and set the Map and Screen number to the same numbers as the screen you want to use as the layer. As in, if your normal screen is on map 1, screen number 30, and your layer is map 2, screen 30 (for simplicity's sake, it can really be any screen you want it to be), you simply have to open the Layers page on screen 1, and underneath layer 1 or 2 (to have the person show up UNDER Link, not over), set the map number to 2 and the screen number to 30.

alfinchkid
03-03-2006, 11:52 AM
ok, I got it. I'm using it on regular screens now, too. THanks.