PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime: Hunters

Kairyu
03-01-2006, 09:50 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/dsmetroidprimehunters/news.html?sid=6145085
It sounds like they fixed every single problem I had with the demo, most important of which being the lack of inverse lookaround.
This sounds absolutely awesome. 20 maps, 7 characters (maybe 8 if there's a hidden one), 2 combat modes per character, excellent online support (Including disconnect records!), excessive stat recording, lots of unique weapons, and a single player game nearly as long as Metroid Prime.

vegeta1215
03-02-2006, 02:09 AM
I was reading about the Wifi options today, and it sounds like they took a lot of the feedback received from Mario Kart DS to really improve the online play. I wasn't too excited about MP: Hunters before, but now I am very anxious to play it. For now though, I'm going to hold back on watching any preview videos and reading anymore about it so I can be more surprised when I actually play it.

MottZilla
03-02-2006, 03:19 PM
It looks quite cool. I think the Nintendo Wifi online is the best thing to happen to the DS.

KJAZZ
03-03-2006, 01:59 AM
Well, I don't think the article mentions it, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo said that you can do voice chat with people on your friends list. I wonder if they managed to somehow improve the Mike.. :P

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm going to pick this up or not. At least because this game is being released, the USB Adapter will be released in stores finally.

MottZilla
03-03-2006, 04:15 PM
It's already in store KJAZZ. I saw lots of them in BestBuy back when Mario Kart came out.

MottZilla
03-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Well time to bump the topic as it's release day. But Best Buy won't have it until tomorrow. Other places not till wensday. I hope to go buy Metroid Prime Hunters tomorrow. :O

Anyone already have it?

vegeta1215
03-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I pre-ordered mine from Gamestop, so I'll either get it tomorrow or Wednesday (most likely Wednesday). I'm also thinking about picking up Tetris DS if it is in stock. I can't wait :)

MottZilla
03-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Ya I saw Tetris DS in the ads too. It interests me but not so much right now. I'll be getting Metroid for a road trip I'll be going on. When I get to where I'm going I'll be able to play online too. :O

Kairyu
03-21-2006, 01:49 PM
I've heard some bad things about Tetris, but I'm going to grab MP:H today. I've just got to finish a project first, then I'll go buy it.

MottZilla
03-21-2006, 04:15 PM
I just went and bought MPH, the cover art is shiney! :O I'm just about ready to open it up and play it.

Edit: Well from my first play online and a breif bit of the main game, it reminds me how ackward it is to control at first. Online play is quite difficult since players are so small of targets and move so fast. Anyways, I'll be saving the single player mode for an upcoming road trip. I'll have MPH to play as well as Advance Wars and NES emulation. The DS is a handy handheld.

punkonjunk1024
03-21-2006, 06:39 PM
omg omg omgomg omgomgomg...
I'm getting this tomarrow. This is what I spend my first paycheck on. This and resident evil.

Holy crap, no auto-aim!
Huge improvement, I think. I can't wait to play... I was just thinking, playing through prime again... "I should try this without using the L button through the whole game"
Auto-aim kinda sucks up the gameplay alot, IMHO.

MottZilla
03-21-2006, 08:13 PM
You're right it does. MPH is so much harder when you cannot lock on a target. But also just the stylus to aim/touchscreen it's a pain. Still it's a neat game.

vegeta1215
03-21-2006, 08:48 PM
I picked up both Metroid and Tetris DS today. I played Tetris for a bit and I'm loving it! Online play is so much fun! I started to play Metroid afterwards but my batteries ran out :( I don't plan to jump into online matches until I get the hang of the controls, but I should be able to give some impressions of the adventure mode tomorrow once my DS is charged.

(btw the opening FMV in Metroid was gorgeous!)

Kairyu
03-22-2006, 11:16 AM
The controls definately take some getting used to, but I like them. Weirdly enough, I keep messing up when I try to use inverse aim in Stylus mode, but I can barely play without it in Dual-hand mode. I got to the first portal in story mode, and I think they've done a good job of taking the Metroid Prime series to the DS. There's a lot more emphasis on combat than on exploration, but it's well done combat.
Multiplayer reminds me of Unreal Tournament. I like the arenas, too- they're large enough to let people run around and explore, but small enough that you can generally find someone to fight in a few seconds. But what's up with the "coward detected!" message I keep getting at random times during a fight?

punkonjunk1024
03-22-2006, 11:40 AM
But what's up with the "coward detected!" message I keep getting at random times during a fight?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOD DAMN THAT RULES

Maybe it's like a camper warning?

MottZilla
03-22-2006, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't compare MPH to Unreal Tournament, UT is waaaay better multiplayer. MPH ofcourse isn't supposed to be the multiplayer godlyness that UT has become.