PDA

View Full Version : Take one, or the other

SpacemanDan
03-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Is it possible to have it so that I can have two items (Not the HC and the potion) be pickable, and if you chose one, you can't obtain the other item?

firefly
03-01-2006, 08:49 PM
I think it isn't possible.
This could be a very good suggestion. :)

Nimono
03-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Is it possible to have it so that I can have two items (Not the HC and the potion) be pickable, and if you chose one, you can't obtain the other item?
No, but I was thinking about that one night while also thinking of what I would do if an item editor/creator was made. I'd make item upgrade that would increase the power of a certain item a little bit when you got it. I was even thinking of rooms that would give you 4 upgrades (since I was thinking of Metroid Prime items, the upgrades were Power Beam Upgrade, Wave Beam Upgrade, Ice Beam Upgrade, and Plasma Beam Upgrade). You could only take one, and you could only pickup the upgrade if you had the correct item. Also, these rooms would increase the level of the Upgrade every time you got one. Like, you could have a room where you could get a Super Bomb upgrade, a Boomerang Upgrade, or a Wand Upgrade. Get the Wand Upgrade, and you'll get to choose Wand L-3 in the next Upgrade room.

Nimono
03-01-2006, 08:53 PM
I think it isn't possible.
This could be a very good suggestion. :)
I agree. Look at my last post, and you'll see a very ODD idea..... I say odd because of this: Who would want to increase the power of items? (Before you say anything, just know this: I would!)

SpacemanDan
03-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Darn... I kinda needed it...
Like a choice between the "Master Sword", (It's refered to as something else in my quest) and the Gold&orRed ring (Woudlent' know which one is better to compare to the Master Sword.)

No, but I was thinking about that one night while also thinking of what I would do if an item editor/creator was made. I'd make item upgrade that would increase the power of a certain item a little bit when you got it. I was even thinking of rooms that would give you 4 upgrades (since I was thinking of Metroid Prime items, the upgrades were Power Beam Upgrade, Wave Beam Upgrade, Ice Beam Upgrade, and Plasma Beam Upgrade). You could only take one, and you could only pickup the upgrade if you had the correct item. Also, these rooms would increase the level of the Upgrade every time you got one. Like, you could have a room where you could get a Super Bomb upgrade, a Boomerang Upgrade, or a Wand Upgrade. Get the Wand Upgrade, and you'll get to choose Wand L-3 in the next Upgrade room.

That's a god idea, actually! That would be cool. You seem to have a million ideas! How do you do it?!

Nimono
03-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Darn... I kinda needed it...
Like a choice between the "Master Sword", (It's refered to as something else in my quest) and the Gold&orRed ring (Woudlent' know which one is better to compare to the Master Sword.)

That's a god idea, actually! That would be cool. You seem to have a million ideas! How do you do it?!
Simple: VERY ACTIVE, and somewhat-large brain. I'm CONSTANTLY thinking of ideas, whether I want to or not. And I don't like it when I can't state my ideas for ZC here. It makes me want to get on the computer even more.

Oh, and by the way, you could even put those upgrades outside of the rooms! But... get one, and the rest increase the power level. Hey, it could even help you make a good remake of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, in where you only get one sword, but you can increase the power of the sword by 8 levels. Also in my idea was that the uprgrades would lower the power they gave to your items the more you have in your quest. That would keep you from getting to strong early in a quest! I don't always think of everything, but when it comes to this, I did. ....Sorta.

SpacemanDan
03-01-2006, 09:13 PM
I could see a remake of AoL if that was implemented. Acutally, I really liek AoL, but kinda found it short. (I CHEATED ON IT THOUGH!!! LOL!) I used the infinite lives cheat because I was too lazy to actualy play the game without cheating. Oh well. What made NO sense to me was the fact the when you got game over, it said Gannon has returned, blah blah blah, but the last boss was Dark Link. Really odd.

koopa
03-02-2006, 03:52 PM
I read once that you can make a room of type secret item, set sthe secret item and then set a normal item. Then you'd have to place the normal item square somewhere that's not on top of the secret item.

This, apparently, does just what you want.

I haven't tried it so I can't confirm if it works.

4matsy
03-03-2006, 11:24 PM
I read once that you can make a room of type secret item, set sthe secret item and then set a normal item. Then you'd have to place the normal item square somewhere that's not on top of the secret item.

This, apparently, does just what you want.

I haven't tried it so I can't confirm if it works.Yep. :D

...in fact, I think I'm the one that first posted it eons ago, now that I think about it... :p

SpacemanDan
03-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the help! This will definatly help my quest.