PDA

View Full Version : Internet Poker

Dechipher
02-28-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm kinda lookin for a free internet poker site. I'm a bit reluctant to download anything, and I certianly don't want to use real money. I just want to have a little fun. Any help?

goKi
02-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Most good ones require a free program download.

Try www.partypoker.com or www.pokerstars.com

Thunderbird
02-28-2006, 10:06 PM
I've seen PokerRoom.com highly recommended by others. However, the only place I play poker online is in Puzzle Pirates (a MMO), so I can't really give any rock-solid recommendations.

gdorf
03-01-2006, 04:10 PM
I just tried PokerRoom.com as per Thunderbird's suggestion and its pretty fun. A lot of people throw their money away when its not for real though..

bigboylink
03-02-2006, 02:29 AM
Don't download Party Poker, at least not yet. They recently had a huge software upgrade, and the program gets really glitchy after 30-45 minutes. You'll notice the glitches when you can't see your cards, the amount of money in the pot, nor even the command buttons to fold, call, raise, etc.

For what it's worth, the low limit tables on Party are the softest games on the internet I've played (out of Party, Pacific, Paradise, Full Tilt, Royal Vegas, and Stars). I sure hope they get their act together soon.

Anyone else play somewhat regularly?

Master Ghaleon
03-02-2006, 09:35 AM
goto Pokerstars, thats where I play