PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Info on Original Quests

revcort
02-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey guys...

My family is totally new to Zelda and, in order to keep from having to sit in the room with them while they play, I was looking for some things I used to find in video game mags-- maps of the overworld (hyrule) and each of the levels.

Also, I was wondering if there is info on the original quests for zelda such as: which magical items are found on each level or where certain items are found where on the surface map. I have looked around for things like this and found walkthroughs, but I was thinking there might be more info out there on the original quests.

Anyone know if this kind of thing is still out there somewhere?

Nimono
02-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Hey guys...

My family is totally new to Zelda and, in order to keep from having to sit in the room with them while they play, I was looking for some things I used to find in video game mags-- maps of the overworld (hyrule) and each of the levels.

Also, I was wondering if there is info on the original quests for zelda such as: which magical items are found on each level or where certain items are found where on the surface map. I have looked around for things like this and found walkthroughs, but I was thinking there might be more info out there on the original quests.

Anyone know if this kind of thing is still out there somewhere?
If you want maps, www.rpgclassics.com should help. If you want a walkthrough, the best place is www.zelda.com, which has EVERY Zelda game ever made TO DATE.

firefly
02-28-2006, 07:04 PM
I have a bad memory, but.

I remember the ladder is found on Level 4.
To access Level 4 you must have the Raft, which is found in Level 3.
Level 5 is on the mountains.
The Bow is on Level 1, and you must have it for Level 6.
The Wand is on Level 6.
You must use the Whistle to defeat the Boss in Level 5.
The Magic Boomerang is in Level 2.

Whoops, I accidentally pressed the Post Quick Reply.
Welcome to ZC! :D

Nimono
02-28-2006, 07:10 PM
I have a bad memory, but.

I remember the ladder is found on Level 4.
To access Level 4 you must have the Raft, which is found in Level 3.
Level 5 is on the mountains.
The Bow is on Level 1, and you must have it for Level 6.
The Wand is on Level 6.
You must use the Whistle to defeat the Boss in Level 5.
The Magic Boomerang is in Level 2.

Whoops, I accidentally pressed the Post Quick Reply.
Welcome to ZC! :D
Speaking of using the Whistle to defeat the L-5 boss, why is a 4-Headed Gleeok the boss of Level-5 in BS 1st? I always remembered the boss being Digdogger in the Original 1st Quest....

firefly
02-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Wha?
You're right, in the original 1st quest the boss of Level 5 IS a Digdogger, are you sure that there's a 4-headed Gleeok in Level 5 in BS?, a 4-Headed Gleeok in Level 5 could be very difficult...

Nimono
02-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Wha?
You're right, in the original 1st quest the boss of Level 5 IS a Digdogger, are you sure that there's a 4-headed Gleeok in Level 5 in BS?, a 4-Headed Gleeok in Level 5 could be very difficult...
Yes, and I was SO excited after getting the Whistle (since level 5 is PACKED with Blue Darknuts) just to find that the boss is a 4-Headed Gleeok. Well, I THINK it's the boss, because it's one screen south of the Triforce room.

Nicholas Steel
02-28-2006, 07:44 PM
are you playing it in the right version of zc?

Nimono
02-28-2006, 08:48 PM
are you playing it in the right version of zc?
I'm using 2.10.

firefly
02-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes, and I was SO excited after getting the Whistle (since level 5 is PACKED with Blue Darknuts) just to find that the boss is a 4-Headed Gleeok. Well, I THINK it's the boss, because it's one screen south of the Triforce room.

I got at least 12 deaths on that place! I wasted my entire money on buying blue potions, but probably nothing compared to Level 6 :(

Nimono
02-28-2006, 09:04 PM
I got at least 12 deaths on that place! I wasted my entire money on buying blue potions, but probably nothing compared to Level 6 :(
Level 6? *ulp*

Rakki
02-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Level 6 is full of red and blue Wizzrobes, remember? It's really not THAT hard though, long as you have the Magical Shield.

Anyway, revcort, you should check out GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com) to find walkthroughs and other things like that for almost any videogame that's been released. There are maps on there too, probably even one of the overworld and underworld of the game (both first and second quests).

revcort
03-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Hey, thanks everyone for the help.

I found the information I was looking for at this site.

Original Quest Maps (http://www.mikesrpgcenter.com/zelda/maps.html)

These are great maps that are enlargable. Very good.

By the way, I'm now looking for some info on AlphaDog's quest - i.e. Quest #3- but it appears that his walkthrough is no longer available. This quest makes the first two look like child's play. It is tough.