PDA

View Full Version : Chibi Robo anyone?

vegeta1215
02-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Has anyone played Chibi Robo yet?

I've been following this game for a while and the article on it in this months Nintendo Power has gotten me even more interested in the game. It does look like a very different game, but I enjoyed both Pikmin games, and I have a feeling I will like this game too.

AtmaWeapon
02-28-2006, 02:58 PM
I was kind of excited at first but I read a few blurbs here and there that seemed to imply it was kind of boring. I'm interested in it but I am kind of waiting to hear from other people what it is like.

vegeta1215
01-29-2007, 01:06 PM
I managed to get Chibi Robo really cheap a few weeks ago at Gamestop, and I have to say it's pretty fun, and very quirky. A lot of people complain about the "chores" and cleaning you have to do as this tiny little robot, but they are really only a small part in the whole picture. The fact that you are rewarded for the cleaning does give you some incentive to do it, but it's not as time consuming as reviews lead you to believe. In fact, you usually do it on the way to doing onther things.

All in all, it's a fun game that incorporates some things you'll find in a Zelda game, such as finding items and figuring out their purpose, which may involve giving them to a certain character. There are also mini games abound. The only thing that bugs me is the voices. The characters talk, but it's in this gibberish language, and it's just weird.

Chibi Robo is less than $20 now most everywhere (I got mine on sale at Gamestop for $10), so check it out if you like adventure/platforming games.

AtmaWeapon
01-29-2007, 01:46 PM
I got it full $44.99 or whatever price and for that price it was a little disappointing but if you can pick it up for $20 or so I'd say it's worth it. There's the usual "I wish I could speed up/skip this dialog that I've seen a million times" factor and honestly that's my primary complaint about the game. Everything else was pretty fun.

You can keep on playing after you beat it to try and get the rewards for all of the challenges but honestly the reward you get for beating the game takes a lot of the fun out of doing so.