PDA

View Full Version : Lost in a Strange Land

Love For Fire
02-28-2006, 02:16 PM
I am starting my second project and I was wondering if anyone who is good at overworld design would like to help me. A little background information.

(Possible) Title:Lost in a Strange Land

Link wakes up one day in a strange land, with nothing but his shield and the clothes on his back. Nearby, an old man has his wooden sword, claiming ever since Link showed up, monsters have been pouring out of the Dodongo's cave. In exchange for his sword, Link must venture into the cave and solve the mystery of the monsters. After regaining some of his tools, Link goes into town, and finds out that the ancient temples of the past have now become active with monsters. Link agrees to help with promises of magical artifacts that will help him return to Hyrule, and more importantly to Zelda. The fun begins when he finds his way back to Hyrule. Zelda is fine, Ganon is dead, but Hyrule has changed, and Link must then discover the dark secrets at work, as well as figure out the bonds between the two worlds.

That is just a general synopsis of what would happen. The story is more detailed as you progress through the game. As of right now, I am using the Classic LOZ Tileset, because I know I am a bad overworld designer and many people here can make far more beautiful screens. I figured something simplistic would be easier for design purposes, as opposed to my using the Pure Tileset for my first project. Instead of limiting myself to the classic set, I figured I should pitch this out and see if anyone would like to help me out.

While I'm no expert, I do know the ropes in using Zquest and creating interesting dungeon puzzles, and I hope someone would like to collaborate with me in producing a really nice quest. I want to use the DoR tileset.

Plans for the Quest: I would like to have 2 full size overworlds, one of the new land, the other of an altered Hyrule. After the first few levels, the player will have to go pass back and forth between the worlds to advance to the other dungeons, and collect heart pieces. There are going to be 12 storyline dungeons which must be completed, along with an additonal 8-10 smaller dungeons which hold special items. Some of them are optional, some are mandatory, and some are optional, but you would definitely want to get them (like the White Sword, Blue Ring, etc.).

If anyone is interested in working with me, post a reply, preferrably with some screenshots of your work. Thanks.