PDA

View Full Version : Plz Plz Plzzz!zz!!

Link_master
02-28-2006, 01:56 AM
Can someone PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZ make a tutorial on how to make mini games?

LinkMaster500
03-01-2006, 04:25 AM
What kind of mini-games would you like to make?

One thing I can suggest would be to make it so that you have to pay each time you want to play. To do that, make a screen that has "shop" as a room type. Then for the first item, set the price and pick "misc. 1" as the item. How you create the mini-game is up to you, but I hope that helps.

Link_master
03-01-2006, 09:28 PM
any mini games

VI3T_DR@GON
03-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Are you wondering how to make like shooting mini-games, or gambling games? Be more specific, being annoying wont get you far here at AGN, I hope you you take that seriously.

Pineconn
03-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, a popular and somewhat fun minigame that's doable is the Treasure Chest Shop minigame in Majora's Mask.

Set up a room similar to LinkMaster's room as above. In the next room, set up a 1-way-shutter as the door you come through and a full screen warp, maybe at 20 seconds or so. Take a floor tile, and set it as all the tiles in the room. Then, create a new combo of the same tile, but solid, and create a decent maze around this room. At the end of the maze, set the item (like a Heart Piece, for instance). Set the side warp to the room previous to this (where you had to pay to pass), or, outside the entrance on the overworld.

So if you don't get to the item in the alloted time, you'll have to pay again and start over.

Link_master
03-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Are you wondering how to make like shooting mini-games, or gambling games? Be more specific, being annoying wont get you far here at AGN, I hope you you take that seriously. Shooting. whats a full screen warp?

LinkMaster500
03-02-2006, 06:28 AM
If you're not sure how to make a warp that activates after a certain amount of time elapses, just press F9, then where it says "timed tics" (or something like that), click there and type in the amount of time in tics where a tic is 1/60 of a second. If you're using version 2.10, it will also show the time in seconds.

cbailey78
03-04-2006, 02:42 AM
Hey Link Master, Please don't use "plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" It looks very stupid so no offense, but use WORDS please! Thanks.

Link_master
03-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Why The Heck Shoud I Care What You Think! Maybe I Like To Use Plzzzzz?! You Think Of That Huh?! Maybe I Like To Spell Bad I Likes Ta Use Bad Gramer I Like To Misspell Stuf!

Aegix Drakan
03-08-2006, 03:04 PM
:shakeno:

Oh VERY bad move there. Keep hold of your temper, and you will get better results.

rocksfan13
03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Not a good way to get started.

Might even get you banned.

Bull Bizard
03-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Maybe I Like To Spell Bad I Likes Ta Use Bad Gramer I Like To Misspell Stuf!

Shame on you ! :D
It's hard to anderstand what you're talking about...

firefly
03-08-2006, 07:11 PM
I does no understood who you am saying.

And plzzzz reed tha Rules

(I might even get warned for this, these are forums, not chat)

cbailey78
03-09-2006, 03:57 AM
But Link Master, If you use bad grammar, people are not going to like you and it sounds very unintelligent! I had to learn grammer the hard way in my past life!

koopa
03-09-2006, 07:25 AM
Nothing against you personally, cbailey, but

I had to learn grammer the hard way in my past life!

It's grammar.

Now that everyone, me included, has given their 2 cents may I suggest we get back on topic?

For minigames you use mainly flags and timed warps. A basic tutorial of how flags and secrets work I wrote here (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17039). Flags and tiered secrets allow you to add an incredible amount of features to your game.

Timed warps, like Linkmaster500 said, are set with F9. It takes you to the side warp target after the given number of tics/seconds. This allows games where you have to complete them in a certain time.
Another trick is to have several almost identical rooms and time warp between them in a circle. Like this you could make a switch that you can only hit some of the time. This is also the basis for custom boses.

If you use 2.11, there are many more new tricks than this. Look around the beta 2.11 forums for threads on them.

Limzo
03-10-2006, 04:05 AM
Why don't you make a shop room with three prices showing. There are no real items but when you stand on the spot where an item should be you are warped to another room after your money has been taken. This other room is actually the minigame. About making the game though, I have no clue. Why not ask idon'tknow, he always has great puzzle ideas.

Nimono
03-10-2006, 11:34 AM
With 2.11, you can make Treasure Chest Mini-Games. When that version comes out, here's what I'm going to do (these are also the steps to making this kind of mini-game):
1: Choose a price, make Misc. 1 invisible, and set it in a shop at that price.
2: Put 3 or more Treasure Chests in the room.
3: Put the Armos->Item flag on ONE of them.
4: For the rest, there's nothing, BUT in front of them will be walkable combos set to Treasure Chest (Copycat), so when you open one of those, you get warped to an identical room, only you get NOTHING!
5: Open the right Treasure Chest and you don't get warped. Instead, you get the item!

Limzo
03-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Have you played the Minish Cap. If you have then you will know that there is a place in that game called Simon's Simulation Arcade. You pay Simon 10 rupees and he tells you that you should go to sleep. Then you are dreaming that you are in a large dungeon room filled with monsters. The point is, you have to defeat all of the monsters, and when you do, a treasure chest appears with a valuable item inside. Then when you get the item you wake up in the Arcade again but you still have the item. I thought you might be able to do this.

Plus, to make it more challenging, you could secretly time the player so just like in a real dream, they might wake up just before the good part.

Pineconn
03-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Ooh, that's nice. :) I never thought about incorporating that into a quest.