PDA

View Full Version : so, exactly how hard are custom bosses?

Binx
02-27-2006, 10:46 PM
To make, i mean... Cuz with the quest i'm doing, i'm gonna need to make a few...

Nimono
02-27-2006, 10:47 PM
To make, i mean... Cuz with the quest i'm doing, i'm gonna need to make a few...
I've heard that it will be easy in 2.11. Not sure about now, though. I'm going to make my own for my Bomberman quest.

Binx
02-27-2006, 10:49 PM
well, i want to releasee mine before 2.11 comes out, as they said they dont know when it is, so it'll take a while...

Binx
02-27-2006, 10:53 PM
while i'm at it, is there any way to add in the horse?

Nimono
02-27-2006, 10:54 PM
well, i want to releasee mine before 2.11 comes out, as they said they dont know when it is, so it'll take a while...
Well, Custom bosses require a lot of screens, unless you use tiered secrets. Now, if you want to use multiple items on the boss, use tiered secrets. That way, you'll use only one screen for the attacks. Now, if you want the boss to have more attacks as you "damage" it, you'll need more screens. BUT if the boss only has one attack pattern, it uses only one screen.

Nimono
02-27-2006, 10:55 PM
while i'm at it, is there any way to add in the horse?
Horse? For what?

firefly
02-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Horse? For what?
Epona.
Sorry, but I don't know if there's a way.

Binx
02-27-2006, 10:58 PM
i'm doing an OoT remake and i want it as close to accurate as possible... it obviously wont be perfect, but I want to try and make it close...

Nimono
02-27-2006, 11:01 PM
i'm doing an OoT remake and i want it as close to accurate as possible... it obviously wont be perfect, but I want to try and make it close...
Wow, an OoT remake? I'm making an OoS remake! This one will be a PERFECT remake, so don't expect to see it sometime soon. Oh no, it'll be YEARS before this comes out...

Binx
02-27-2006, 11:02 PM
well, yeah, mine couldn't be perfect even if I tried...
it isnt capable of the 3d graphics...

Nimono
02-27-2006, 11:04 PM
well, yeah, mine couldn't be perfect even if I tried...
it isnt capable of the 3d graphics...
Well, just wait a few years, and maybe ZC will be evolved enough for you to make it look perfect! That's what I'm doing, although I can make my remake LOOK perfect. I won't PLAY perfect until I can get all the items in OoS.

Binx
02-27-2006, 11:10 PM
if zc ever gets that evolved, i'm gonna stop using it... I like it the way it is... new items is one thing... but 3d graphics would destroy it

Nimono
02-27-2006, 11:10 PM
if zc ever gets that evolved, i'm gonna stop using it... I like it the way it is... new items is one thing... but 3d graphics would destroy it
Hmmm... What makes you say that?

Binx
02-27-2006, 11:14 PM
well the whole point was to make something for people to make their own quests with the original LoZ game engine... so making a 3d ability would kinda make it less fun
part of the reason the old games are so fun is the top-down view, it makes them harder, and challenge=fun

firefly
02-27-2006, 11:21 PM
I've ALWAYS wanted to make a Majora's Mask remake, but it seems that I'll have to wait for a future version.
And it could be pretty difficult, so I think I'll be doing a straightforward quest first (Defeat Ganon and rescue Zelda) with the DoR tileset (a difficult but great tileset), I don't want it to have many cutscenes, they make me lose interest for the quest and for releasing it, it will have boss triggers and tiered secrets. :)

Binx
02-27-2006, 11:33 PM
well, if they release a more stable beta soon, i may use that one...

firefly
02-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Beta 7 will be more stable than the current one, it will feature Multi-warps (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=90064), Tiered Flags (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=89901) and lots of other stuff...

Binx
02-27-2006, 11:46 PM
well, i hope it comes out soon

cbailey78
02-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Could you explain what Tiered means and clarify it? Tiered is a weird word!

Binx
02-28-2006, 02:25 AM
tiered means "having multiple levels" in this case, a flag on top of a flag on top of a flag( or at least i think that's what it means in this case)

Nimono
02-28-2006, 11:16 AM
tiered means "having multiple levels" in this case, a flag on top of a flag on top of a flag( or at least i think that's what it means in this case)
Yes, there's already tiered secrets (just hold ctrl and click the left mouse button on any square of the secret combos menu), and I've also heard that you can place flags on the actual combos on 2.11! From what I've heard about it, ctrl-click a combo, and you can place a flag on it. That way, that one tile will have the same flag every time you use it, and you can put another flag on top of it!

koopa
02-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Even better, you can make an animated combo but put the flag one one frame only, so you could make an eye that opens and closes and you can hit it with an arrow ... but only when it's open.