PDA

View Full Version : How do you animate tiles?

alfinchkid
02-27-2006, 07:43 PM
I made a Zora tile (to replace some NPC's), but I want them to appear in a dungeon I'm gonna make. To look like real Zoras (and I mean z64 zoras) I need their arms and legs to move back and forth now and then. How can I do so?

Rakki
02-27-2006, 08:55 PM
You don't animate tiles, you animate combos. :p Anyway, to do so, start off by making all the frames you want to use for your Zora, somewhere on the tiles page, and set them all up in a line (as in, if you start with tile 170, make 170, 171, 172, etc. all of the Zora's animations, in order). Now, create a new combo and choose the first Zora tile in the group. Set it's number of A.Frames to the number of frames there are in the animation. Set the A.Speed to something above 0. You'll have to come back and adjust it after seeing the animation in game. Anyway, after that, place the Zora combo on the screen and it'll animate when you play your quest. You might want to make copies of the standing still graphic so that it stands still for a few seconds, then moves it's arms, then stands still again, etc.