PDA

View Full Version : Bug free release

Freedom
02-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Is there any chance 2.10's minor bugs can be fixed and then the 2.10 re-released?

With the priorities being adding new features to the new betas, instead of going for a solid release of what is already there it's putting folks that want to actually build and release quests in kind of a bind.

If I use 2.10 then the shop bug is a quest stopper, because even when I manage to get them to finally work, then they don't work for someone else.
As for going back to 183... well the tileset I spent months on is done in the 2.10, so that would mean months more of work getting those graphics put back in the 183, not to mention the features 183 didn't have that the 2.10 does.

I think it's great all these new features are being added, but I find myself without anything I can work with and release quests in now.

jman2050
02-27-2006, 07:18 PM
I'll talk to DN about it, as he's currently the only one with 2.10's source code.

Not sure how much we can do, but rereleasing 2.10 as a bug-free release doesn't sound like such a bad idea, at least while we're still in beta testing (though I assure you, 2.11 is getting less buggy with each and every day)

Shoelace
02-27-2006, 07:22 PM
This is what I always wanted. I am still very sad that people are going to have to play my game with the midi bug and shop bug (The shop bug is fixed when you save and quit by the way). Also, when I use Din's Fire with Link tile mods, it makes Link a black square. Those bugs just annoy me, and makes me sad that people will have to play the game like this.

If was anyway possible please do Freedom's suggest.

Edit: Well jman posted as I was writing this. Thanks for thinking about it. Hopefully it will become true and yeah it isn't a bad idea at all.

Freedom
02-27-2006, 07:40 PM
The map bug and the shop bug were the biggies for me, I never had the midi bug once with my system.

rocksfan13
03-02-2006, 11:27 AM
The import map bug is also an annoying bug as well as the BS animation Bug. I know alot of people would like to see THAT particular one fixed.

ShadowTiger
03-02-2006, 12:04 PM
The map bug and the shop bug were the biggies for me, I never had the midi bug once with my system.
Lots of other people still get it. Hell, I even get it on 2.11 Beta 6 on my AMD Athlon 1800 MHZ 512 MB Ram machine, ... ... still gets it in droves. It's like you're holding in the pedal when you play the notes.

Freedom
03-02-2006, 01:46 PM
I wasn't suggesting it not be fixed.

ShadowTiger
03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
I know. I'm just trying to figure out what causes the darn thing. I mean, I have the Midi "Pedal" bug on both my computers, (ZC won't run on either of my two XP Laptops.) but I get 0% of any sound at all on my PII 300 MHZ, (My "Old reliable" ZC machine.) and 100% perfect sound on my AMD Athlon 1800 MHZ 512 MB Ram machine. (MP3 quality midis as well.)

It's a bewildering problem, really. I wish I knew how to even look at it to help test it. > >.'

rocksfan13
03-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Don't feel too bad BH4. I have the same bug on both my top notch machines!:)

Dark Nation
03-03-2006, 08:32 AM
In regards to the MIDI bug, have you tried turning on Strict MIDI in the Sound Options dialog in ZC?

Shoelace
03-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Well we are talking about 2.10 as there isn't a strict Midi option in the version. What do you think about the suggestion though DN?