PDA

View Full Version : Multi part games?

Binx
02-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know how to make the game reset the triforce count after recieving an item? I want to make an OoT remake, and I want tto make something to stop people from getting the master sword without the spiritual stones, and make it impossible to get into gannon's castle without the medallions... I think it's possible, but I dunno how to do it...

Rakki
02-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Once you get ANY item that doesn't waste (Bombs and Super Bombs), you've got that item for the game. Anyway, you could use triggers and boss flags to accomplish such a task (denying Link access to an area until you got certain items), but that's kind of complex if you're just starting to use ZC.

Binx
02-27-2006, 09:12 PM
ive used it for coming up on 3 years

firefly
02-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Then, do you know boss flag triggers?

Binx
02-27-2006, 09:22 PM
no, but I catch on quick

firefly
02-27-2006, 09:50 PM
no, but I catch on quick

No problem. :D

Set the "Temple of Time" Dmap the level from "Jabu-Jabu's Belly" (if you're using Dmap level 3 for Jabu-Jabu's belly, use Dmap level 3 for the Temple of Time.)

In the room where you have the Triforce, place a guy (can be invisible) and a string (can be empty).

Set the room type as special item, and set the Special Item to be the one you want to pick up (triforce), OR press "I" and select the item to be the one you want to pick up, this allows you to place the Triforce in the place you want that's not in the upper part of the screen.

Place a trigger enemy in the first slot of the enemy list in the room with the triforce.

Press F12 and select "Dungeon boss"

Press F9 and select "Enemies->Secret".

Repeat steps 3,4 and 5 in the screen where the "Door of time" is.

Set the secret flags 16-31 in the door of time, so when they trigger, the Door of Time is opened.

When you get the triforce the secret will trigger and the Door of Time will open.

More Info:
http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/LTM/Tutorial/Page12.htm (http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/LTM/Tutorial/Page12.htm)

PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS DOESN'T WORK.

Binx
02-27-2006, 10:30 PM
ok, but how would i get it to say Temple of time in the temple of time?

Nimono
02-27-2006, 10:32 PM
ok, but how would i get it to say Temple of time in the temple of time?
DMap name.

Binx
02-27-2006, 10:32 PM
wait, nvm, i got it...