PDA

View Full Version : James Quest 1 - How do I get to Level 3?

80s Knight
02-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I got the Moblin's hint about trees and Death Mountain north of level 1, but I can't get north of level 1!

I just want to find level 3!

4matsy
02-27-2006, 06:40 PM
Go to the overworld screen the level 1 entrance tree is on, and bomb the top wall dead-center. There's your "north of level 1". :p

...You may have to do some fidgeting around before you get it right, though, due to the weird screen-edge limits on where the game lets you use items. Try walking all the way up against the wall, turning left or right, and then dropping the bomb.

80s Knight
02-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Thanks! See, I never thought of using the bomb there because of the edge of the screen warp thing, like you said.

4matsy
02-28-2006, 01:48 AM
Yeah, Nightmare's sneaky like that. :D

I'd bombed and burned around for quite a while myself looking for level 3, and then thought "Wait a minute...that wall above level 1 WOULD be a great place to hide a new path...it's on the edge of the screen, and there's already an entrance on that screen...nobody ever bombs in places like that." :p

Tried it and bingo, it worked, and I'm all like "ASDFGLAKSGOIUQRWLKJASDF" :lol:

LinkMaster500
03-01-2006, 03:25 PM
And if you every played DigiPro's 4th Quest, you encounter the same situation in finding Level 8. You have to place the bomb right at the very edge of the screen, which can be tricky to do but not hard.