PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to change the music that happens when you get the triforce?

alfinchkid
02-27-2006, 10:20 AM
I found a real cool MIDI to replace it if there is.

ShadowTiger
02-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Nope. If your question is as rigid as I think it is, then sadly, not to my knowledge.

Maybe eventually though.

Nimono
02-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Nope. If your question is as rigid as I think it is, then sadly, not to my knowledge.

Maybe eventually though.
Actually, I think you can change the sfx.dat file to change that music.

firefly
02-27-2006, 07:30 PM
If you don't know how, you must use grabber.exe and open sfx.dat.

LinkMaster500
03-01-2006, 04:33 AM
I know there's a page on Freedom's personal web page that explains how to replace the default Zelda sound effects with your own, but I don't have the URL.

rocksfan13
03-01-2006, 09:07 AM
This is true. However, the triforce sound is not part of that list.

I have used it and wanted to change that sound but couldn't.

But, if you want, the grabber is part of the 1.92 beta 184 download.

alfinchkid
03-01-2006, 10:00 AM
This is true. However, the triforce sound is not part of that list.

I have used it and wanted to change that sound but couldn't.

But, if you want, the grabber is part of the 1.92 beta 184 download.

Yeah, I just DL'd it, I noticed that. So, how does it work?

ShadowTiger
03-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Well, the ... yeah. The problem with the Triforce-Retrieval music, is that it's a midi, just like any other midi. However, it's a "Default" theme, and can't be changed. Overworlds and such don't have a default theme set to them so you can use your own. The Triforce theme uses its own theme in a permanent fashion, so it really isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

rocksfan13
03-01-2006, 12:01 PM
They should really make that an option in 2.11, you think?

As far as the grabber, Freedom wrote a tutorial on it a while ago. You wouldn't happen to remember where, BH4?

firefly
03-01-2006, 06:00 PM
http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/ZC/sfx/sfx.htm

I think this is what you're looking for.
This is from Freedom's home page.

djdarkx
03-02-2006, 06:45 AM
I know I am new here, but I have started on custom soundfx for Zelda Classic. It's pretty generic. In fact, here is the link to the custom file I've been working on. The only two sounds that aren't custom are the roar and the wand sounds. They are the originals from the sfx.dat file. They have not been replaced yet. If you want to try it out, just rename your current sfx.dat file to "sfx.dat.backup" to make sure it doesn't get messed with. I have test this with ZC2.10 and the new beta ZC2.11b6 and it works perfectly. If you want to hear examples of the Ganon Theme, Zelda Rescue Theme and the Item Pickup Theme, let me know and I'll place them on my SaveFile host. Let me know what you think. Laterz~

djDarkX

EDIT: Oops. I just noticed that I never placed the link to the file. Sorry about that. I guess I was in a rush yesterday while I was typing everything out. Here is the link:

http://www.savefile.com/files/9188382

Also, so that you know the reason for the big file size, it uses a combination of Stereo and Mono WAV files.

cbailey78
03-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Did you know that there is a Worm game built-in the sound grabber? It's under the Help menu

djdarkx
03-06-2006, 02:00 AM
Yep. I actually played it. Didn't survive long though, hehee. :tongue:

*b*
03-06-2006, 03:50 AM
I've been wanting to change that music for so long... at the very least, be able to choose the different "end of dungeon/item" theme from all the games. like, a drop-down list or something

just a thought

djdarkx
03-06-2006, 03:56 AM
That would be nice. But, I think the reason it's not doable yet is because they would need to have a MIDI called when a certain event happens and I don't think that's implemented yet. They are still trying to program having different music for different rooms and the such. Oh well.

djDarkX