PDA

View Full Version : Quests with custom bosses?

idontknow
02-27-2006, 05:15 AM
What quests have at least one good custom boss in it that i could use for ideas for my own, as far as how to set up or what kinds of actions the boss could use? I certainly wouldn't copy it exactly as i have my own ideas to some extent but i would like to play against a good custom boss to get a feel for how one actually functions in the game.

Love For Fire
02-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Link's Birthday DX by Mr.Z had a very nice custom boss as the final boss. I would recommend checking it out for some ideas of what custom bosses can do.

It's funny I'm reading this, because I could of sworn it was your tutorial I used for making custom bosses to get me started on my own.

mr.Descer
02-27-2006, 10:02 AM
In my opinion C-Dawg and Petoe are one of the best custom boss creators.

You should check out C-Dawg's Dreams of yesterday quest and his Sabotage Dragoon Demo (awesomeness). And you should also check out petoe's MegaMan - Dr.Wily's Revenge DC as it has over 10 different custom bosses and they all are rather enjoyable fights.

Love For Fire
02-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Oh duh... I feel dumb for forgeting about Petoes Megaman quest. Great custom bosses in the one too. As for DoY, I never saw the later bosses because the game was too buggy.