PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to make a Bomberman quest and I need ideas.

Nimono
02-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Okay, I'm going to make a Bomberman quest (all tiles will be made by hand), but I need a few suggestions. First off, I'm going to get the enemies from Bomberman Jetters (since it's the only Bomberman game I played with the so-very-funny Hige Hige Bandits), so I need to know who to replace Ganon with. I'm thinking Mujoe, but the guy who has half his head made of machinery (I don't know what his name is, since I got the game from a friend who never reads instruction booklets, so I didn't get the booklet) is also a likely candidate. Also, I'd like to know, should I make the sword some Bombs for Bomberman to throw? Or should I leave that out, since ZC already HAS bombs? I already know what the Rings are going to be (Kai-Man, all 3 levels), and I really need some suggestions on the rest of the items. Any other suggestions will be put into consideration.

Oh, but just so you all know, I can't put the little orb-thing that's on top of Bomberman's head on the tile for him. There's just not enough room. And I was SO looking forward to making that... I COULD put it in, but I'd have to DRASTICALLY reduce the size of the Bomberman sprite, which wouldn't leave much room for his eyes...

Oh, and before I forget (again), I have no screenshots for the quest just yet. I'll give you people some when I make some (which will be after I get Bomberman looking like I want him to).

Nimono
02-26-2006, 11:20 PM
So, DOES anyone have any suggestions for me? I'd like to do the best I can on this quest, but I can't do that unless I know what other people would want out of a Bomberman quest.

Rakki
02-27-2006, 04:30 AM
I think changing the sword to a bomb graphic to make it look like he's bombing enemies would look kind of weird, so maybe you should just leave the sword out (until Ganon at least, since you NEED it to kill him) and just set it up so that the player can easily get bombs and usually won't run out of them. Or, you could make it tactile as to how to get through the game, running on either a limited supply of bombs, or making it so bombs cost a little bit of money so you can't just get as many as you can use. Either way, I'm interested to see what you'll come up with, with bombs being the main theme rather than just random items.

Nimono
02-27-2006, 06:07 PM
I think changing the sword to a bomb graphic to make it look like he's bombing enemies would look kind of weird, so maybe you should just leave the sword out (until Ganon at least, since you NEED it to kill him) and just set it up so that the player can easily get bombs and usually won't run out of them. Or, you could make it tactile as to how to get through the game, running on either a limited supply of bombs, or making it so bombs cost a little bit of money so you can't just get as many as you can use. Either way, I'm interested to see what you'll come up with, with bombs being the main theme rather than just random items.
Yeah, good idea.

Oh, but what about helping me decide on who the final boss will be? My friend says I should choose Mujoe, but....

Rakki
02-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah, good idea.

Oh, but what about helping me decide on who the final boss will be? My friend says I should choose Mujoe, but....
Sorry, but I haven't played Jetters, so I don't know who those guys are. :p

Nimono
02-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Sorry, but I haven't played Jetters, so I don't know who those guys are. :p
Oh, okay. Next time you get the chance to get it, I'd suggest you get it. It's easy, but the cutscenes are funny. Not to mention the sounds... But, if I'm only going to need the sword to defeat Ganon, why don't I just make the final boss a custom boss?

VI3T_DR@GON
02-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Really, why would you want to make a bomberman quest? It wouldnt be that good, and I think that its gonna get side-tracked very easily. It would take too long and way to many tiles, including the enemies, they would all have to change. And I wouldnt want to do that for 2 months.

Nimono
02-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Really, why would you want to make a bomberman quest? It wouldnt be that good, and I think that its gonna get side-tracked very easily. It would take too long and way to many tiles, including the enemies, they would all have to change. And I wouldnt want to do that for 2 months.
Hey, I'm already starting on the impossible! So, why not make this? Besides, I want to do this. After all, I'm already making a Kirby quest and a Mario quest.

Oh, and don't most quests with custom tiles/sprites start out as mainly nothing but a Zelda tileset? Of course, I won't get anywhere without taking risks. I think I'll make that my quest-making motto...