PDA

View Full Version : First Post?

DragonCommander
02-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Hi to anyone for whom the name is familiar - I'm not returning, but I am posting to ask this:

I was looking for my first post as dalekman12 on this board several years ago to estimate when I first started using the Internet, but:

a) dalekman12 seems no longer to exist...have there been one or more forum erasures?

b) the search facility is disabled (and seeing how many topics are in this forum alone I'm not surprised) - do any of the oldbies have a good enough memory to remember and/or a handy link they could throw at me?

firefly
02-26-2006, 08:09 PM
a) dalekman12 seems no longer to exist...have there been one or more forum erasures?

There was an upgrade. :D
But as far as I know, they didn't erased anything, search on the member list.

b) the search facility is disabled (and seeing how many topics are in this forum alone I'm not surprised) - do any of the oldbies have a good enough memory to remember and/or a handy link they could throw at me?

Only admins and premium users have the ability to search. :shakeno:

gdorf
02-26-2006, 08:15 PM
I just did a search with that name and it came up invalid. The staff here prunes the forums occassionally, so you probably got removed. :shrug:

Flash Man
02-27-2006, 12:30 AM
There was an upgrade. :D
But as far as I know, they didn't erased anything, search on the member list.

Plenty of posts and members have been removed due to age and no postings, however these are EXTREMELY old in both categories. If you check my member number its #4599, however I registered in August of 2000 and my original number was ~#241. Most likely your old account was removed. I am pretty sure that my couple thousand posts have been removed. If you show all the threads I posted, it shows only ~280 posts.