PDA

View Full Version : F*CK YOU, CAPCOM. (My feelings on the conclusion of the MMZ series)

punkonjunk1024
02-26-2006, 12:10 PM
OK, so I played megaman X 1-3, and looked up the stories on the rest, so I knew what was up, right after I DL'd the rom for MMZ1 the first time. I had no flash card at the time, so I immediately sold off 6 GBA games to go purchase this one.
I was astounded. It was challenging, and fun. The story, especially its relation to the original X games, was sweet. I loved the lore, and how non-cheesy it was, even for capcom. And the translation was amazing! it puts MMBN games to shame, to see transaltions done this freaking well!
I loved every game in the series. They got progressively more and more difficult, which is amazing. I love how freaking tough 4 was. That 2 minute timer on the final boss? I had to abandon all defensive tactics and just fucking bash on him, hoping I didn't get hit.
It was intense.
This whole series... Was impressive. Amazing. Probobly one of my favorites, I love the pace of the game. It says 7 hours finish time, but I spent so long trying to beat craft the first time... It should be longer.
-=SPOILER=-

Hell, it was a great job. The aspect of the stronger your character is the lower your ranking is was great. I strived to get an S ranked rinal save in the first 3... I don't know if I could in the 4th.

These games were amazing... but I'll have trouble replaying them now that I know how it all ends. It's too bad.

But maybe they'll do something. It was so amazing that they did this from the MMX series, maybe that bit of X data hanging around... Maybe they'll do something sweet with that.

We'll see. Just thought I'd share how I felt about all this.

firefly
02-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Could you use
-=SPOILER=-

punkonjunk1024
02-26-2006, 12:19 PM
what are spoiler tags? I've never seen em, I been gone a while.
Post the tags? Would it be -=SPOILER=-

GFG, thanks man. I got it. :P

ONeilcool
02-26-2006, 12:25 PM
ha, a story of hate sprung from love

Just be happy it was a good game:shrug:

If they made another one it might of not been as good and so they wanted to end with a good game. Ofcourse its going to be conclusive, there is no reason to leave it open for later if they arent going to another game.

punkonjunk1024
02-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah, but like this, it makes sure they can't really ever make another game, without some kind of super cheesy revival story. It just sucks, like, it pulls the happy out of the whole series.

*b*
02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
you do know there's a (most likely) squel in the works, right? same art style, menus, and everything, only it stars two characters, which can turn into X and Zero. Megaman ZX (if that isn't a giveaway in itself, nothing is)

punkonjunk1024
02-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Hm... Damn. That could be a neat series.
Whered you get that info? Would I find it at gamestop, or is it not really that far along yet?

Thunderbird
02-26-2006, 06:41 PM
If they made another one it might of not been as good and so they wanted to end with a good game. Ofcourse its going to be conclusive, there is no reason to leave it open for later if they arent going to another game.

Tell that to Megaman 8, and Legends 2. Legends 2 especially left a big gaping hole in its ending (or so I've read, I haven't played it myself), but no sequel has been announced.

-=SPOILER=-

Capcom's been known for leaving plot holes in their games, and if they want to make a Zero 5, they will.

Kairyu
02-27-2006, 11:03 AM
The X6 Zero ending was an attempt to justify the transition to the Zero series IF they never made an X7. They did, so it just becomes a 'what-if' sort of ending. X5's ending was also suppossed to be the transition, but Capcom decided that the X series should continue and they thusly revived Zero yet again, as they always seem to do.

Besides: -=SPOILER=-

And at least it'd provide some decent closure if it is the end of the series.

punkonjunk1024
02-27-2006, 11:51 AM
wow, the whole damn thing.
-=SPOILER=-

And as a side note, does that megaman X collection for cube and PS2 include all of the X games?

DarkDragoonX
02-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Zero came back somehow. He's already been raised from the dead a zillion times, one more won't hurt.

And to be honest, I'm glad the little bastard died at the end of Z4. I've never much liked him.

Thunderbird
02-27-2006, 04:41 PM
And as a side note, does that megaman X collection for cube and PS2 include all of the X games?

X1-X6, and Megaman Battle and Chase (which isn't an X series game, not that I'm complaining though). Presumably since X7 and X8 were separate PS2 games, they weren't included.

algam86
02-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Tell that to Megaman 8, and Legends 2. Legends 2 especially left a big gaping hole in its ending (or so I've read, I haven't played it myself), but no sequel has been announced.
I have Legends 2, and yes, there is a big, gaping hole Capcom hasn't filled yet.

-=SPOILER=-

The series abruptly ends there. I haven't played the game in a while, though...Might be a few flaws.

punkonjunk1024
02-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Megaman and X are two completely seperate entities, from what I understand. Unless one of the X games I haven't played (7 and 8) touch on that connection?

Thunderbird
02-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Megaman and X are two completely seperate entities, from what I understand. Unless one of the X games I haven't played (7 and 8) touch on that connection?

There are no tie-ins from the X series to the original series, but one exists in the other direction. If you have the Anniversary Collection, complete Power Fighters with Bass to find out. Or just read what I'm putting in this spoiler tag :p.

-=SPOILER=-

ONeilcool
02-27-2006, 11:36 PM
I find all the spoilers tags really funny because

1. I doubt anyone is actually not reading them

and

2. The thread doesnt make any sense unless you read them

Kairyu
02-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Heh, I'm quoting a spoiler.

wow, the whole damn thing.
-=SPOILER=-

I admit I haven't played the game, but I have read the ending on www.mmhp.net and a script FAQ on Gamefaqs:
-=SPOILER=-

Gerudo
03-01-2006, 08:09 PM
-=SPOILER=-

punkonjunk1024
03-02-2006, 09:06 AM
go away, jerk. It was speculation.
Fan boy? In the light that I love the MM series, yes.
In the light that I hate other systems or something? No wtf?

Jesus. Can't a person like a game more than healthy once in a while?

Gerudo
03-02-2006, 11:18 PM
wow, i cant believe you can be so retarded, poj.

only the die-hard fan-whatevers of the series are imitating Vader going "NNNOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!"

you sit there bitching and moaning that the series is over, when there hasnt been (to my knowledge, although i've been without internet for a while) any official word on the status of the series.

try not taking my comments to heart and maybe you could understand the method to my words.

as far as "fanboys" go, i am one of them. i love the Rockman series (Classic, X, EXE, and Zero) to death, as well as i have RMAC, RMXC, EXE 3 and 4 on gba, and roms of Zero 1-4. you dont see me crying myself to sleep about the alleged ending to a series (maybe they'll end X sometime soon so they'll focus on another series).

i heard EXE ends after EXE 6, so i might be looking forward to another post of yours after that's all said and done.

punkonjunk1024
03-03-2006, 08:42 AM
You're absolutely correct. I have no right to my reaction because I am obviously overreacting, and if someone approaches something differently from someone else, they are automatically wrong.

In light of the MMBN series, god that translation is bad. Good games though. second one ruled hardcore.

It's also cute how you use the titles "rockman" and EXE. At least I'm not trying to LOOK diehard.

Glenn the Great
03-13-2006, 02:50 PM
I doubt that is the end for Zero. It's become a running gag almost that Zero has a knack for being blown to pieces and then put back together. He's a robot after all. He just needs repairs.

punkonjunk1024
03-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Eh. It just sucks - Even if it's not the end, the MMZ series was getting progressively more difficult as the games went along. I was really hoping it'd keep going for quite a few games.