PDA

View Full Version : Need help making a shop

LinkvsSora101
02-25-2006, 09:40 PM
My quest is going well, but i would like to put some shops in the overworld. I made a cave, put the room type "shop" but when i pressed A (the button that varies what it gives you, depending what room type it is) all it said was "value". There was nothing about what items to put there or how much they cost. Please help and respond ASAP

firefly
02-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Misc. Data->Shop Types, then set the value of the shop (if you edited shop type 2, press "A" and select 2)

And you'll have to set a different DMap in the overworld to make the shop, that DMap must have a level higher than 0.

Sorry if I was too confusing.

LinkvsSora101
02-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Thanks, I would have never figured that out on my own.

firefly
02-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Wait, I was too confusing when writing that post, can I be sure that you know how to do them now?, some people think that we are not patient.

alfinchkid
02-25-2006, 10:21 PM
I'll translate:

Quest -> Misc. Data -> Shop Types

select which shop you wish to edit (this number is the shop value)

enter the items and what you want them to cost.

Click "done"

Now go back to Data -> Shop type

Enter the value of the shop you edited.

There. I think I was a little clearer.

firefly
02-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Sorry, I was in a hurry, that's why I wrote this.

Misc. Data->Shop Types, then set the value of the shop (if you edited shop type 2, press "A" and select 2)

And you'll have to set a different DMap in the overworld to make the shop, that DMap must have a level higher than 0.

Sorry if I was too confusing.

Instead of this.

Quest -> Misc. Data -> Shop Types

select which shop you wish to edit (this number is the shop value)

enter the items and what you want them to cost.

Click "done"

Now go back to Data -> Shop type

Enter the value of the shop you edited.

LinkvsSora101
02-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Thanks, but i got it the first time, when i went to misc data, i figured it out when i saw the shop item choice. Thanks alot, i know where to go when i need help on my quest.

alfinchkid
02-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Oh, an BTW, if there are any shops put on a DMap with a level greater than one, you will get the shop in the room, not in the hole you putin the room for the shop. Be careful.

LinkvsSora101
02-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks, i think i will put a shop in a dungeon