PDA

View Full Version : Leaving dungeon after you get triforce, need help

LinkvsSora101
02-25-2006, 03:24 PM
I just finished my first dungeon on my quest, the dungeon looks good, and the midi works fine. When i beat the boss, the door opens fine, and i go into the triforce room. When Link gets the Triforce, it plays the music, then he goes back into the overworld. But when he is in the overworld, he only appears in the top left corner (which is solid rock, by the way, he cant move) I tried moving the Link Appear Tile on the overworld, but that didnt work, please help and respond as soon as possible!

koopa
02-25-2006, 03:36 PM
In the triforce room set sidewarp to any screen, the dungeon entrance is usual. Just set up the sidewarp, don't activate any side. When you pick up the triforce that warp is activated automatically. On the target screen where you land set both green and blue squares.

Nimono
02-25-2006, 03:38 PM
It's not eaxactly called "Link Appear Tile", it's just a simple green square. Put the BLUE square where you want to exit, for when you exit, you come out of a tile warp (yes, you're warping by item, but you're supposed to come out of a stair, direct warp, or cave tile, so you use the blue square). Remember this:
Green: Entrance/Exit and Start in Dungeons and Start on ANY DMap (only start for Overworld, for it does nothing else).
Blue: Exit tile in overworld, exit tile warp in Dungeon (basically, both uses for this are the same).

Nimono
02-25-2006, 03:40 PM
In the triforce room set sidewarp to any screen, the dungeon entrance is usual. Just set up the sidewarp, don't activate any side. When you pick up the triforce that warp is activated automatically. On the target screen where you land set both green and blue squares.
Actually, this person was trying to get Link to appear correctly, and you don't put the green square down. I didn't put it in for exiting one of my dungeons, and Link came out just fine.

LinkvsSora101
02-25-2006, 03:57 PM
thanks, ill try that, if it doesnt work or i did something wrong, ill come back to this thread and tell the problem, thanks.

Nimono
02-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Okay.

LinkvsSora101
02-25-2006, 04:03 PM
It worked, thanks, im going to start my second dungeon now. Thanks for all the help!

Nimono
02-25-2006, 04:06 PM
You're welcome! Oh, but before you ask more questions here... Read the help readme in ZQuest, as it could've answered your questions. :rolleyes:

erm2003
02-25-2006, 07:16 PM
On a related note when dealing with the green square: If you plan on using the whistle warps later in your quest, the green square will be the point Link will land on. Sometimes it's good to keep that in mind, especially if you are setting up any of the warps as you go.

LinkvsSora101
02-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Thanks, I was planning to use whistle warps. Oh by the way, when i tried to read the readme in ZQuest, it told me nothing, especially before I made my name in the forum. So now, i get real answers, instead of assumed answers of a question i didnt even ask. Thanks for the help, my second dungeon is finished!