PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Dungeon entering help needed!

LinkvsSora101
02-25-2006, 01:24 AM
I made a dungeon, and the overworld and everything! But when i make Link try to enter a dungeon, all it does is show the screen, make the intro, and play the music. Where's Link!? He doesnt enter or anything. I even checked the origional 2.10 thing to make sure everything is right! It is all the same! But Link just wont appear! Help me ASAP Please!!!!!

alfinchkid
02-25-2006, 01:35 AM
I've had this problem. I don't know exactly, but hopefully I can help. Try these steps:

1. Is it set for the proper screen/DMap?

2. Is the DMap set up correctly?

3. Is the entrace used with the "door" tool on a passageway?

4. is it set to entrance/exit?

5. There isn't a fith step.

6. Is the "Link appear" tile set correctly?

Hopefully that can help.

LinkvsSora101
02-25-2006, 01:45 AM
Wait, what is the Link appear tile? That sounds like it would be the problem! Where is is and how can I set it up, respond ASAP!

alfinchkid
02-25-2006, 02:24 AM
to get the "Link Appear" tile, hit "Page Down" and the menu on the lower-left will change to show some colors. The rupee is Item placement. The Stairs are the secret placement tile. The flag is the flag placement tile (you can chage this flag's number under tools). The other 2, green and blue, are what we need to talk about. The blue is warp setup. This is where you'll appear after a warp, like when you exit caves. The green one is the "Link appear" tile. This tile is where Link will appear when you die. But on Entrance/Exit warps, you need this with the warp setup tile. You need these both on top of each other, in the exact part. But to do this right, you need to know exactly where to put them. Make the door going south (and make sure you have the side-warp set) then use the overhead as a marker. Put the "Special tiles" under the overhead completely, so that the bottom part of the box touches the static, but not over-lapping on it. I don't have a screen-shot, so I'll use ASCII to show.

w|_________.__._________|w
w|wwww.ww|bb|wwwwww.|w
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
W=wall, _ /|=border, b="special tiles" ::=static
You can tell where the borders are and the door. Hope that helps.

LinkvsSora101
02-25-2006, 02:30 AM
Thank you so much! It worked! now I can get back to making my quest, if I ever get my quest on the quest database, im putting your name in the credits, thanks!

Nimono
02-25-2006, 03:17 PM
To make whan alfinchkid said clear, just do this:
Put the green square from Page 2 of the bottom toolbar on the south side of the room, where half is covered up by the checkerboard-pattern black squares and the other hlaf isn't. Like should enter correctly. Also, you DO NOT NEED THE BLUE SQUARE ON THE PLACE WHERE LINK ENTERS. THIS IS FOR EXITING TILE WARPS ONLY.