PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Shutters+DMaps!

Nimono
02-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Okay, I have a quest where there's "boss" music in every dungeon in the boss room. However, I can only accomplish this by using scrolling warps and going to a different DMap, since the screen-specific music thing hasn't been added (and if it has, I wouldn't know because I'm not getting any 2.11 beta). The problem is this: The boss room is entered from the south. There's a one-way shutter in the south wall of the boss room to keep you from going back through the dungeon, hearing the boss music (which would make the dungeon sound VERY WEIRD, especially since it's Minish Cap boss music, and I don't mean Vaati Battle music) all the way. But.... If you lose to the bosses (which are 4 Aquamentuses (2 Left, 2 Right), since you get the Bow and Arrows in the dungeon, which makes 1 Aquamentus VERY easy to beat), you get put right back in the Boss Room, with the one-way shutter permanently opened. I don't want that, so is there any way around this? (Oh, and before you start saying that 4 Aquamentuses are too hard for a first boss, I can prove you wrong: 1 Bomb can destroy an Aquamentus, so as long as you have 2 Bombs, you'll do fine Plus, you can buy Blue Potions if you go one screen southeast from the dungeon entrance in the OW.)

alfinchkid
02-24-2006, 11:40 PM
DO what I've done: make another scrolling warp to the south. This can be hard if you want to scrolling warp out of the boss music north into the triforce room, so, instead, allow the triforce room to have boss music too. I have boss music too and that's what I've done. OR you could possibly try using a tile warp out of there...

Wait. Now that I think about it, if you set the door to the south as "Wall" then Link will walk into the room and pop out of the wall without being stuck, as if it were a walk-through wall (I've done this one). This way you can't go back to the dungeon.

Alos, if your second problem is anything like I am thinking of (having to restart in the boss room when there) then I had a problem with that. This is what a friend said, and it works good. Have both the dungeon itself and the boss room as the same level (in this case one), then also on the DMap window, check the "Continue here" box on ONLY on the dungeon itself's DMap, not the boss rooms, if that makes any sense. I don't know how to screen shot menus, otherwise I would to show you. I hope you get it.

Nimono
02-25-2006, 03:14 PM
No, I WANT you to start in the boss room, and you're not getting the point. First off, you go through the Triforce room BEFORE beating the boss, but you can only get the Triforce from the boss room side. The Boss room has 2 doors: One south (One-way), one on the right (to Triforce). Having Boss Music in the Triforce room just wouldn't be right (even though most Zelda games these days have no rooms after the boss).

alfinchkid
02-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Ok... Let me think... you could make it appear on the real map, and then make it again on the boss map... and you want to start in the boss room? As in, you start in the dungeon there or restart in there? I need to know to help you.