PDA

View Full Version : Switches

LinkMaster500
02-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Let's say you have four switches that you trigger somehow and their colors change upon triggering. Is there a way to make it so that you have to make all four be the same color before a shutter door opens?

ShadowTiger
02-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Nope. At least not as far as I know. It's made very complex by the fact that: 1) You'd need a way to change the color of any individual switch independent of the others, while being able to change any switch at any time. 2) We only have two warps at the moment with which to help facilitate that. 3) ZC 2.11 Beta 7 will have a few more warps, thankfully, (Do NOT ASK when that's coming out! XD ) but you'd still have to focus on #1, so....

Phazite
02-26-2006, 09:18 PM
If you have to hit the switches in a certain order, then it is possible.

firefly
02-26-2006, 09:37 PM
If you have to hit the switches in a certain order, then it is possible.

I don't think so, you'll need at least 20 secret flags in order to do this with tiered secrets.
4 for each switch = 16 secret flags
Secret to be triggered (if is only 1 combo) = 4 secret flags
16+4=20 :shakeno:

ShadowTiger
02-26-2006, 10:03 PM
I think there's an easier way, actually. It's fairly complex, of course, ... and I'm not mathematically inclined in the least, but it -is- possible. I've seen it in Ganonator's J:R demo. You have At LEAST ten crystals onscreen, and you have to hit them one after another to get through this one-screen maze of raising and falling blocks. I think you just have to refer them to each other in a loop, and make it work by just placing the right combo on the screen with the right flags. You'd have a lot more room that way since you'd only have like, four crystal switches to trigger, and 12 secret combo spaces left over for stuff.

Phazite
02-26-2006, 10:49 PM
I don't think so, you'll need at least 20 secret flags in order to do this with tiered secrets.
4 for each switch = 16 secret flags
Secret to be triggered (if is only 1 combo) = 4 secret flags
16+4=20 :shakeno:

For what I'm thinking you only need four secret combos. Just tier them together and flag 16 would be burnable, bombable, or whatever. The problem is that you would only have to hit them once.

I have a puzzle in my quest like the one BH4 talked about with switches and rising/falling blocks. Right now, I can't think of a way to do something like that to have four switches be the same color to make a door open though.

koopa
02-27-2006, 10:57 AM
If you have to hit the switches with the sword and they're all a few squares apart you could construct a lot of identical rooms with direct warps on the floor so that you're always in the room where the secret combos are set up for the switch nearest to you. It would take at least a full map up, though. If you had four switches that can be on "on" or off" that's 16 possibilites, times four rooms makes 64 different rooms you have to set up. Plus you'll need some extra 3-stairs to handle direct warping. But it's possible.