zsAcAdcsAf
´¨ewrghled :shakeno:
jrs

:moo:

How does map warps work or what hey really are vary stupid I am sfdfsag
ZQuest is so hard to use noob noob so I play Contra propro

alfinchkid
02-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Tip #1: Get a C or better in English class.

Tip #2: To learn a proper way to post, view the sticky for newbs.

Tip #3: Download a tutorial.

Tip #4: Go to "Tile Warp" under screen data and set the panel (0-7,0-f)

The co-ordinates are in hex, witch means Y-axis is first, x is second, no comma is used, and A-F is used. In Hex, A=10 and F=15 (you can guess the others). The current screen co-ordinate in in the box in the lower left-hand box.

You also need to enter which DMap you want. For a new DMap, go to "Map count" under "Quest", and go to 2. I recommend only increasing the map count by one at a time, and only when you need a new DMap. Now that you have 2 maps, you can switch between them with "," and ".". GO to "quest" and select the option "DMap". Make map 2 (the one you created) DMap 1 (Map 1 is DMap 0).

Now you have DMap 1 and the co-ordinates of the square you want. In the "Tile warp" window, enter these values in the correct places. Now you have a tile warp.

NOTE: The tile warp will only be on that screen, and will not work for most tiles. The only tiles that this will work for is those that the tile data (in the lower left-hand box) says "Cave" or "Stairs".

Nimono
02-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Tip #1: Get a C or better in English class.

Tip #2: To learn a proper way to post, view the sticky for newbs.

Tip #3: Download a tutorial.

Tip #4: Go to "Tile Warp" under screen data and set the panel (0-7,0-f)

The co-ordinates are in hex, witch means Y-axis is first, x is second, no comma is used, and A-F is used. In Hex, A=10 and F=15 (you can guess the others). The current screen co-ordinate in in the box in the lower left-hand box.

You also need to enter which DMap you want. For a new DMap, go to "Map count" under "Quest", and go to 2. I recommend only increasing the map count by one at a time, and only when you need a new DMap. Now that you have 2 maps, you can switch between them with "," and ".". GO to "quest" and select the option "DMap". Make map 2 (the one you created) DMap 1 (Map 1 is DMap 0).

Now you have DMap 1 and the co-ordinates of the square you want. In the "Tile warp" window, enter these values in the correct places. Now you have a tile warp.

NOTE: The tile warp will only be on that screen, and will not work for most tiles. The only tiles that this will work for is those that the tile data (in the lower left-hand box) says "Cave" or "Stairs".

Wrong. What about Direct Warp? That warps you using tile warp. To put it simply, to warp using a tile, set the tile warp. If you want to warp when you walk off a certain side of the screen, set the side warp and choose the side(s) that will warp you.

alfinchkid
02-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Wrong. What about Direct Warp? That warps you using tile warp. To put it simply, to warp using a tile, set the tile warp. If you want to warp when you walk off a certain side of the screen, set the side warp and choose the side(s) that will warp you.

Oops, forgot about direct warps. But I digress. He was asking how to set them, I beleive.