PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Metroid XL-75 Remake...

eXodus
02-23-2006, 10:39 PM
... at the boss room in Bolgmel where it doesn't do anything after Samus talks. This obviously shouldn't be happening, as the previous boss room sequences worked fine.

I tried it in 2.10 when I first got it, and this happened. I tried it again in 2.11b6 when it came out and still no luck. Now I've gone back to 192b183 and had the same problem. I also went so far as to transfer the save to b184 (which it was originally intended for, as stated in the intro) but to no avail.

Is this a known problem? If so, how is it fixed? Obviously, I've shown starting over this early in the quest is not a problem to me. But shouldn't it have worked by now?

Nimono
02-24-2006, 10:46 AM
I've gotten as far as the Gravity Suit, but at that point, I can't refill my Power Bombs. I know that there was something I wasn't seeing, but seeing as I could only continue by using my only Power Bomb to get the 3rd Beam, I couldn't get past Rublitea (or however you spell it...), since there's many Yellow Hatches there. So I had to give up on the quest...

Oh, and I beat that boss. It works fine for me. Are you sure you're not making Samus move around?

eXodus
03-01-2006, 01:08 AM
What's happening is that, after Samus says she needs to work out how to beat them, you can move around. Normally, you'd move forward 1 or 2 tiles and hit the warp that starts the battle. However, there seems to be no warp in that room, and the fight never starts (you can even kill yourself on the lava, but that certainly won't help).

Nimono
03-01-2006, 07:42 PM
What's happening is that, after Samus says she needs to work out how to beat them, you can move around. Normally, you'd move forward 1 or 2 tiles and hit the warp that starts the battle. However, there seems to be no warp in that room, and the fight never starts (you can even kill yourself on the lava, but that certainly won't help).
Actually, that rooms works fine for me. But how do you refill Power Bombs? I've never found any refill rooms that WOULD give me Power Bombs...

eXodus
03-01-2006, 11:54 PM
The first Power Bomb station should be behind a Power Bomb door. I seem to recall a few in Viltreon and Bolgmel. Since you should have the Grapple Beam by that point (judging by the original), you might want to go back and check those doors and not save until you get more Power Bombs.

Or, if possible, start a new game, get the item from the Dodongo-troids in Bolgmel, and save at the Bolgmel save point. Then give me a copy of the zelda.sav... ;)

Nimono
03-02-2006, 07:51 PM
The first Power Bomb station should be behind a Power Bomb door. I seem to recall a few in Viltreon and Bolgmel. Since you should have the Grapple Beam by that point (judging by the original), you might want to go back and check those doors and not save until you get more Power Bombs.

Or, if possible, start a new game, get the item from the Dodongo-troids in Bolgmel, and save at the Bolgmel save point. Then give me a copy of the zelda.sav... ;)
Well, the first one is to the right of where you get the first Power Bombs. However, that refill and the one in Rublitea do NOT give you Power Bombs. It's not right! Those were the only 2 refill rooms I found. Also, I gave up on that quest a while ago, so I'd have to re-download it.

PolygonX8
03-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Thsi is why I stress several times to only play on the version the quest was for, guys. Not 2.10, nto 2.11. 1.92 b183. D:!

MXLR has nio major bugs or problems, but it should be apparent by now that 2.10 causes some problems with shop type rooms, and some other stuff as well. I've heard of both the power room and Bolgmel boss problems, and it was all due to 2.10. :\

Nimono
03-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Thsi is why I stress several times to only play on the version the quest was for, guys. Not 2.10, nto 2.11. 1.92 b183. D:!

MXLR has nio major bugs or problems, but it should be apparent by now that 2.10 causes some problems with shop type rooms, and some other stuff as well. I've heard of both the power room and Bolgmel boss problems, and it was all due to 2.10. :\
Oh boy. It's the same problem I had once with a quest I was working on... Well, thanks for clearing that up. Man, I hope 2.11 gets rid of that bug.

eXodus
03-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Actually, I started from scratch on 1.92b184 a few days ago, and it did the same thing to me again. Does it help that the archive I got was one of those ones that required the password that you couldn't get rid of (i.e.: explodingphazon)? Or was that MtPP...

PolygonX8
03-04-2006, 11:45 AM
That had to be MTPP, but then I heard problems with MXLR on the ZC database which was absolutely weird...

If problems still persist, I'll e-mail it to you. Oh, and use beta 183, not 184; There's a difference between the two, as little noticable as it may be.

eXodus
03-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Well, after my last post, I redownloaded XL-75 Remake from PureZC. After confirming that my old copy had the password on the archive and the new one didn't, and that the filesize and Last Modified dates were radically different, I started again in ZC2.10 (I know, but ZC1.92b183 won't work on my laptop). To my surprise, all the boss dialogue is different - except for the Dodongo-troids - from the old version. And the Bolgmel boss battle worked!

Now I just have to wait until my main computer is running again so I can transfer the save over to its working ZC192b183. This is because the Continue Bug isn't working on ZC2.10, and there are obviously no Power Bomb refills...

By the way Exate, at what point in XL-75 Remake's development did Samus say in the first boss battle in Polcartia "It looks like the pink ones are equipped with plasma cannons, so I'd better watch out for them" (or something along those lines)? Because that was the first change I noted between the two.

PolygonX8
03-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Hrm, can't remember. I thought the dialogue was a bit TOO monotonous after the game's release, so I went back and fixed it up, and resent it in... but I guess I forgot to do the same with ZC.com.