PDA

View Full Version : A Simpsons Quest

rocksfan13
02-23-2006, 05:20 PM
What do y'all think. I'm thinking of getting things together to start this quest.

If you like it:
Have an ideas. I have a few, but would definately take other opinions.

drkptrs1975
02-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Can't wait until it is done.

rocksfan13
02-24-2006, 11:15 PM
I don't know how well it's gonna go if there's no deamnd for such a quest though.

bigboylink
02-25-2006, 01:47 AM
I've been a Simpsons fan for a long time, so I would probably play this. What sort of quest do you have in mind? Which character will the player control?

DarkFlameWolf
02-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Bart of course. But you have to be talented at being funny and including scenes of the simpsons humor in there. Otherwise, what's the point?

rocksfan13
02-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Actually I was thinking along the lines of Homer.
Bart would work too.
With Homer, it would be the search for the ultimate Donught.
Bart, I would think maybe the ultimate prank.

And of course it would definately have comic lines and other humorous events.

Of course, it may take a while to create the tiles for such a quest, but it would be well worth it.

I'm just curious right now as to what others think would be a good idea for an adveture or other stuff of that kind.

If I was to go ahead with this, everyone that contributed would get a big thank you. Much appreciated. Maybe even a group effort.

Nimono
02-25-2006, 03:42 PM
Actually I was thinking along the lines of Homer.
Bart would work too.
With Homer, it would be the search for the ultimate Donught.
Bart, I would think maybe the ultimate prank.

And of course it would definately have comic lines and other humorous events.

Of course, it may take a while to create the tiles for such a quest, but it would be well worth it.

I'm just curious right now as to what others think would be a good idea for an adveture or other stuff of that kind.

If I was to go ahead with this, everyone that contributed would get a big thank you. Much appreciated. Maybe even a group effort.

I think this kind of quest is a good idea, but do you have any ideas on any bosses and who the final boss will be? Since I don't watch the show (since I have other shows I want to watch when The Simpsons are on), I don't really know who's evil....

firefly
02-25-2006, 03:44 PM
I think this kind of quest is a good idea, but do you have any ideas on any bosses and who the final boss will be? Since I don't watch the show (since I have other shows I want to watch when The Simpsons are on), I don't really know who's evil....

Mr. Burns

Nimono
02-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I thought he was evil (especially after playing an NES Simpsons game), but I wasn't sure. Like I said, I haven't seen the show in a while.

bigboylink
02-25-2006, 03:57 PM
If we're playing as Bart trying to pull a prank, Principal Skinner is a plausible adversary. You could add Sideshow Bob as another villain.

Homer's quest for a doughnut sounds very original. You could have him invade the Police Station to search out their endless supply of breakfast deserts. He'll have to outwit Chief Wiggum, Lou, and Eddie. Maybe add Marge as another police officer.

Alternatively, you could have Homer at work in the nuclear power plant, bored out of his mind, and this motivates a trip to the cafeteria for doughnuts. His main opponents here would be Mr. Burns and Whelan Smithers. After typing this, I like the first doughnut idea better.

Nimono
02-25-2006, 04:04 PM
If we're playing as Bart trying to pull a prank, Principal Skinner is a plausible adversary. You could add Sideshow Bob as another villain.

Homer's quest for a doughnut sounds very original. You could have him invade the Police Station to search out their endless supply of breakfast deserts. He'll have to outwit Chief Wiggum, Lou, and Eddie. Maybe add Marge as another police officer.

Alternatively, you could have Homer at work in the nuclear power plant, bored out of his mind, and this motivates a trip to the cafeteria for doughnuts. His main opponents here would be Mr. Burns and Whelan Smithers. After typing this, I like the first doughnut idea better.
Actually...... Now that I've read this, why not combine the two? Homer could start out at the plant, outwitting Burns and Smithers, and get doughnuts. Then, he could invade the police station, getting more doughnuts.

Oh no. Stealing. No stealing for me.

firefly
02-25-2006, 04:28 PM
I think the quest will be a bit hard...

Nimono
02-25-2006, 04:36 PM
So true.

rocksfan13
02-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Nah. It may just take just a bit of Simpsons know all!

How about a poll?

Who do you want as the main character?

Then we'll take it from there.

Nimono
02-25-2006, 04:54 PM
I don't know... How about Homer? But, if you make that, please add doughnuts in there. If you look on purezc.com, you can find a 5-Star rated Doughnut sprite. And the description is basic: It's a doughnut. (Although I think it's spelled "Donut" there.......)

rocksfan13
02-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Absolutely! It wouldn't be a Homer quest without them!

Nimono
02-25-2006, 05:16 PM
So true.

bigboylink
02-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Although I like Homer's character a lot more than Bart's, I'll mention that implementing the various items may make Bart's character more believable. For instance, the bow can be a slingshot; the raft can be a skateboard; the use of bombs seems to be more believable for Bart's character as well. You certainly don't have to take advantage of every available ZC item, but I thought I'd just mention some of the basics.

If you decide to use Homer, I definitely want the potion item to be Duff Beer. You would have to show the letter to Duffman. "That's a mug you don't want to chug! OOH Yeah!!"

Sir_Johnamus
02-25-2006, 07:03 PM
The ganon can be:
Kang, Patty, or Selma, if there is a ganon.
The Gleeok could be a mutated Burns!

rocksfan13
02-26-2006, 12:57 AM
Would anyone like to help in the creation and/or compilation of this quest?

I would really like to try and make this a combined effort. As there are so many fans out there just waiting for something like this.

Someone could draw the tiles.
Another could create the story.
Another could impliment the tiles to maps and dmaps.
Another could come upi with sounds.

What do you guys think?

boram_c
02-26-2006, 01:40 AM
I think Bart should really be the "hero" of this quest because of the tools used. Kang, Sideshow Bob, Nelson and his gang would make excellent opponents.

I do not know what Bart would collect (i.e. what acts as triforce pieces), but I am inclined to say that no "victim" is needed. Just have Homer, Marge, Lisa, and others provide help.

DarkFlameWolf
02-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Maggie could be Zelda. The search for the missing little sister! :P

Obob
02-26-2006, 02:31 PM
I don't know if anybody else ever played "Bart's Nightmare" for either Genesis or SNES. The premise of that game was that Bart actually completed his homework for a change, only to have it blow out the window after he falls asleep. Then in his sleep (his "nightmares") he has to go to eight different levels to recover the missing pages of his homework. I know its a little stupid, but at least its something.

rocksfan13
02-26-2006, 03:04 PM
I like some of these ideas.

I try and check these quite often, so keep them coming.

I would still like some volunteers for the helping of the creation of this quest.

dafeedil
02-26-2006, 04:28 PM
If you do use Bart as your hero, the Comic Book Guy would be a good "boss". Good luck on this quest! Hopefully it all goes well, sounds cool!

rocksfan13
02-27-2006, 09:12 AM
I got a good one for Bart.

The search for the Radioactive Man 1st edition comic book.

mr.Descer
02-27-2006, 09:59 AM
If you succeed in making a good Simpson quest, you're my new hero! :thumbsup:

rocksfan13
02-27-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm gonna try!

Simpsons Rule!

idontknow
02-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Bart should be the main character and he has to rescue Santa's Little Helper after being stolen by dog catchers.

Items should be as follows:

1) Soda: Potion
2) Fire Crackers: Bombs
3) Skateboard: Hammer
4) Paper plane: Boomerang
5) Spitballs (straw & paper): Bow & Arrow
6) Krusty Pie Shooter: magic wand
7) Chocolate Bars: Hearts or Heart Container Pieces
8) Wip: Sword

Possible places to feature (for shops, dungeons, & misc. places)
-Simpsons' House & Neighborhood
-School
-Church
-Comic Book Store
-Moe's Tavern
-Bart's Treehouse
-The Burlesque House
-The Quick-E-Mart
-Milhouse's house
-Mr. Burns' Mansion
-The Courthouse
-The Auditorium
-The Monorail station
-Ned Flanders' House
-The Pet Store
-The Power Plant (where Homer works)
-The Woods
-Krusty's Studio
-Itchy & Scratchy Land

Chracters to Feature:
-The Simpsons Family
-Itchy & Scratchy
-Principle Skinner
-Sea Captain
-Bumblebee Man
-Krusty the Clown
-The Flanders
-Principle Skinner
-Mr. Burns
-Moe
-Shideshow Bob
-Grampa
-Ralph Wiggum
-Chief Wiggum
-Nelson Munts
-Mrs. Skinner
-Dr. Nick Riviera
-Belle (the old burlesque house woman)
-The Milhouse family
-Comic Book Guy
-Dr. Hibbert
-Mrs. Krabappel
-Apu
-Willie, the janitor
-Martin Prince

rocksfan13
02-27-2006, 01:09 PM
It would seem that the majority likes the Bart idea.

If anyone disagrees, state it now.
I, and maybe a few others(PM me) will be starting on this shortly.
But please don't hesitate if you think you have a good idea to add.

Definately looking for an outline much like idontknow has done. Which I might add are great ideas.

But you failed to mention who you'd like as bosses.

idontknow
02-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Possible Bosses:

1) A drunk guy at Moe's Tavern throwing Beer can's at you!
2) One of the two large, green 1-eyed aliens, perhaps it can slash its long tentacles at you or throw fireballs at you.
3) The large donut guy mascot that came to life, perhaps he can be a boss at throw donuts at you.
4) Itchy, who attacks you with a chainsaw
5) Bart's evil twin
6) A zombie
7) Flying Hellfish, a large red half-fish, half-man sorta being, with large sharp teeth, big muscles, and yellow fins down its back, and a cigar in its mouth.
8) Groundskeeper Willie (with a large rake or a scythe
9) Lunchlady Doris (from the treehouse of horror episode "Nightmare Cafeteria") She attacks using a high-speed electronic cookie dough mixer.

Perhaps more ideas later

And btw, i have the Simpsons episode guide book right here in my room so if u need ideas or don't know who a character is or what he/she looks like, let me know!

rocksfan13
02-28-2006, 09:26 AM
I sure could use your help with some ideas idontknow.
Keep 'em comin'.
As far as a guide...My head. I didn't think there was a bigger fan than me until you said you had that guide book.:thumbsup: :highfive: :king: