PDA

View Full Version : an idea

torquate
02-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Has anything thought of trying to develop a Super Mario Brothers Classic, similar to this? That would be awesome.

Nimono
02-23-2006, 05:09 PM
In my opinion (and this might matter, since Super Mario World WAS my very first game), it's a good idea. But others might think otherwise...

LJ Bad
02-23-2006, 05:31 PM
ANY game-maker set up in a Zelda Classic style is a good idea.

cbailey78
02-23-2006, 06:30 PM
There was program like that called Multi-Mario way back then, but it has been discontinued due to the complex of the coding that Nightmare James was strugling and he gave up and Multi-Mario project has been dead!

Nicholas Steel
02-24-2006, 03:53 AM
buziol games had a great mario remake but their kinda dead now.

koopa
02-24-2006, 06:40 AM
I once thought of trying to program a mario bros game myself but I just don't have the time. The best I know of that exists is Mario Forever, though there are literally hundreds of mario games out there.

Nicholas Steel
02-24-2006, 09:56 AM
mario forever thats the name... i couldnt think of the name so thanks koopa. mario forever is a very good remake of mario bros and its made by buziol games wich is now defunct.

cbailey78
02-24-2006, 05:08 PM
The problem is that you have to install adware in order to allow you to play the game! Darn marketers!

ShadowTiger
02-24-2006, 05:18 PM
I heard there was a version (Possibly just above that one.) which is slightly smaller, but doesn't include said spyware. I've been recommended that version instead. Try it.

Nicholas Steel
02-24-2006, 10:04 PM
ive never in my life seen a version that had spyware... but thats because i got it from its homepage which is now defunct... maybe nowadays it has spyware but i dunno.

Nimono
02-24-2006, 10:09 PM
ive never in my life seen a version that had spyware... but thats because i got it from its homepage which is now defunct... maybe nowadays it has spyware but i dunno.
Where can you get this thing nowadays? I'd like to get it once I get my own laptop!

koopa
02-25-2006, 04:57 AM
First stop for wasting a LOT of time mario games is of course www.caiman.us. Warning: addictive.

There's a "mario brothers classic" there among others, I'm just going to try it out ...

Mario Forever can still be found in Google. The 3.0 and later programs do seem to contain ads, however just block their internet access in your firewall and you're done. The game still works.

It is still possible to get older, ad-free versions. Try here (http://freeware.intrastar.net/games.htm), version 2.16, no ads!

Nimono
02-25-2006, 03:23 PM
First stop for wasting a LOT of time mario games is of course www.caiman.us. Warning: addictive.

There's a "mario brothers classic" there among others, I'm just going to try it out ...

Mario Forever can still be found in Google. The 3.0 and later programs do seem to contain ads, however just block their internet access in your firewall and you're done. The game still works.

It is still possible to get older, ad-free versions. Try here (http://freeware.intrastar.net/games.htm), version 2.16, no ads!
Addictive? Too late for that. I haven't downloaded that yet, and I'm already hooked on Mario games! Didn't you read that Super Mario World was the very first game I got?

koopa
02-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Super Mario World was the very first game I got

You and I have something in common there. What else than a mario addict would I be with a name like 'koopa' ? :)

Btw, Super Mario World rocks.

Nimono
02-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Yeah, you have a point there. And here's something else: I still have the very same copy of Super Mario World, and I've been the owner of it for about 9 years. That's a long time for me, and I still have the very same problem with my SNES. I guess it's just a bit too old at 9 years...

Oh, but I agree. Super Mario World is good.
But not as good as Super Mario Sunshine!

cbailey78
02-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Does Mario Forever have a level editor where you can make your own mario classic games?