PDA

View Full Version : Premium Membership Drawing - March

War Lord
02-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Starting at the end of March, and for as many months as I end up doing this for, I will select one Premium Member monthly, and the end of the month, for a predetermined prize. I ultimately plan on finishing around September with the giveaway that month being the new Zelda game for the Cube.

The month of March will be a USB lava lamp. We'll start it off simple to see what kind of response I receive. If this goes well, the prizes will get signifigantly better. I am doing fairly well financially and would like to give back to those loyal enough to keep this place going.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/7825/

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/mini_lava_light-off.jpg
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/mini_lava_light-colors.jpg

I've wanted one of these for a little while. This gives me an excuse to order one for myself as well. :)

[EDIT]
You can find all info related to getting a premium membership here. (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=81167)

vegeta1215
02-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Neat :)

That reminds me, I think some people may have lost their premium membership status after the forum upgrades. I don't think this affected me because my premium membership ran out in January 2006 - I have to reactivate mine.

EDIT: btw, do you think it is possible to add the option for a 12 month subscription? (in addition to a 6 month one)

War Lord
02-22-2006, 04:51 PM
You can purchase multiple times and they just add onto eachother.

No one lost membership during upgrade. The coin is just gone currently.

vegeta1215
02-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Cool. I'l have to try it out. Thanks.

Dechipher
02-22-2006, 09:49 PM
I actually hope to beomce a premium member soon. I've gotta get the Pay Pal thing goin, my family's kinda paranoid about that stuff.

ShadowTiger
02-23-2006, 09:52 AM
I am doing fairly well financially and would like to give back to those loyal enough to keep this place going.I didn't even get to finish this sentence before the smile appeared on my face. I'm really glad to hear that you're making it well for yourself, man. :)

I'll break out the ol' Paypal account, and see what I can do with it. :p

EDIT: ... Oh, ... and in case some of the more paranoid members (Dech and I?) don't want to give out our addresses or anything like that for whatever reason, can we give away our prize to someone else? I mean, a USB Lava Lamp would be pretty interesting to have, but, ... heh.

Dechipher
03-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey. I'm not paranoid. The rents are. All I gotta do is get my friends card number.

Which...now that I think about it, I am about to do right now. :D

Master Ghaleon
03-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Awesome :)

Dechipher
03-22-2006, 09:33 PM
I am now legally premium, though I didn't do it for the lava lamp. I wouldn't even use it, and I'd probably just ask WL to redraw or something. I feel cool now, though.

Glenn the Great
03-23-2006, 01:41 AM
Hey. I'm not paranoid. The rents are.

Your parents are right to be distrusting towards you having PayPal if this is what you plan on using it for.

ShadowTiger
03-23-2006, 09:57 AM
:odd:

If this is what people want to do with their money, then leave them be to do it. I plan on contributing as soon as I get the chance. (I hope I get a chance soon. :sweat: )

Dechipher
03-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Your parents are right to be distrusting towards you having PayPal if this is what you plan on using it for.

I don't believe I stated that they distrust me. They distrust internet shopping.
It's just 7.50. That I pay back. No big purchase.

War Lord
04-04-2006, 07:21 AM
I've Pm'd the winner for March. DsS Game

I'll have April's topic up later tonight.

gdorf
04-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Is April's contest still going to happen, or have you decided to cancel it?

War Lord
04-11-2006, 05:31 PM
No, I haven't had time to decide on which I want to do for April.
It is still on however, and another person will be picked at the end of April.
I'm hoping to decide within the next week.