PDA

View Full Version : Cody Posie

Monica
02-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Anyone following the trial? For those who aren't, Cody killed his parents and his 13-year-old stepsister when he was 14. They had a lot of evidence of abuse. He's been found guilty, but they don't know whether to sentence him as a child or an adult. The viewers are split between sympathy for him or not.

I am one who has sympathy for him, and I believe he should be charged as a minor, because he was 14, and I have a 14-year-old brother, and he is nowhere near as mature as an adult. 14-year-olds are fiery and rebellious and trying to become an adult, but they are nowhere near it.

What do you think about the trial?

Darth Marsden
02-22-2006, 02:08 PM
I haven't been following this at all - first I've heard of it. Any chance of a link?

Personally, I guess I have sympathy for him, but it kinda depends on the details. How badly did they molest him, how did he kill them, what's his state of mind... things like that. Given that I only know what's in Monica's post, I'm inclined to think 'minor'.

moocow
02-22-2006, 02:26 PM
He's 14... he's old enough to know how a gun works, to know that he killed his parents and step-sister, and to understand the consequences. I think he should be tried as an adult. But then again, I don't knwo the whole story.

Monica
02-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Here you go... http://www.courttv.com/trials/posey/022106_hearing_ctv.html

biggiy05
02-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Posey;)

Here (http://www.courttv.com/trials/posey/022106_ctv.html#continue) is a link to an article I found on it.

I have no sympathy at all for him. He murdered three people and has no remorse.

He hid behind a fridge and jumped out at his dad and shot him. He shot his sister and step mother next and he tried to hide the bodies under a pile of manure. I can't feel sorry for someone who does something like that.

Cody's first cousin, Clay Posey, told the court that he and the defendant had similar upbringings and that their fathers handled discipline in similar ways.

Since we were treated similar, I don't know how you can say you were abused," Clay said to Cody. "I know that Paul sometimes spanked your butt and that you were slapped ... I do not believe that you were abused, but if you were, why didn't you ever tell me?

That doesn't sound like abuse to me.

He killed three people, tried to hide the bodies and gun that was used to kill them then took his dads truck to go buy a pop.

He should be tried as an adult and given the maximum sentence. I would give him the death penalty if I had the choice.

How is killing three people, two of which are innocent in it all or at least his sister going to make life better for him?

If he picked up the gun, hid behind the fridge then ambushed his dead and gave him a kill shot to the head then killed his step mom and sister and tried to hide the bodies in a pile of manure he is mature and old enough to know what he did.

Jigglysaint
02-22-2006, 02:36 PM
A poor upbringing is no excuse to comitt murder. There are many people who have had worse than what he got, and they were able to turn it arround and make somthing good about it.

ZTC
02-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Interesting, it looks like he's going to need some serious treatment. I think he should be tried as a juvinile.

Monica
02-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Yeah I don't consider regular spanking abuse like some people do. But y'all probably didn't hear what was said in the trial. What about Tryone's s**ual abuse, and the websites they looked at, and having the girl tell her parents on him whenever he would talk during school?

He sounds like he's in the same situation as a battered woman who can only escape by killing her husband. In that case it's her husband's fault. It's still wrong, but she shouldn't be given as harsh a sentence.

War Lord
02-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Should be sentenced as an adult clearly.
When I was 14 I knew something like this was wrong. I think even pre-schoolers know something like this is wrong.
If he really didn't know, even more reason to get him out of here. We don't need that in society.

Archibaldo
02-22-2006, 03:55 PM
I think he should be tried as a juvenile. I mean, if my father did all that stuff to me I would kill him. The only person I don't think he should have killed was his sister.

Lilith
02-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Sentenced as an adult but given a lot of treatment. That's a whole bunch of mess.

Rainman
02-22-2006, 06:06 PM
He should be sentenced as a minor. Whether that punishment is great enough is a problem of the justice system.

Gerudo
02-22-2006, 10:27 PM
what a bunch of damn pansies.

so you get spanked, its not abuse. if your parent punches you in the face, that's abuse. some kids these days dont know the meaning of discipline.

he comitted a pre-meditated murder of 3 people, two undenyably innocent. try him as an adult, and throw him in jail.

biggiy05
02-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Has anyone seen anything that says he was abused? The stories I have read are all just what he is saying.

Thunderbird
02-23-2006, 01:03 AM
I wasn't aware of this. Based on this thread, all I can see is that he was saying he was abused, but I don't see evidence (spanking doesn't count, it was legal in schools at one point, and as far as I know, is still legal at home :P).

My thought? Possibly sentenced to a mental institution or somesuch.

Lilith
02-23-2006, 04:07 AM
what a bunch of damn pansies.

so you get spanked, its not abuse. if your parent punches you in the face, that's abuse. some kids these days dont know the meaning of discipline.

he comitted a pre-meditated murder of 3 people, two undenyably innocent. try him as an adult, and throw him in jail.

It said he was supposedly burned for refusing to have sex with his stepmother, and beaten senseless many times. Idk what your definition of abuse is, but unless you have hard evidence either way I'm doubting everyone else is a pussy.

slothman
02-23-2006, 04:42 AM
Can he vote?
Yes I know he can't; it's a retorical question.
If not then it is simple tax without rep.
The crime doesn't overrule that fact.
Do you think that he is smart enough to know killing is wrong but dumb enough to not know who to vote for?

Vagla
02-23-2006, 06:34 AM
Do you think that he is smart enough to know killing is wrong but dumb enough to not know who to vote for?
Of course. The idea that killing is wrong is something people are told from a very young age. This is something even children know. Voting, on the other hand, has to do with deciding how our society is run, which should require a good amount of thought and knowledge that I believe comes with age and education. These two things are incredibly different; how you can even begin to compare them is beyond me.

Regarding how he should be tried, I don't know. Whatever sort of sentence he gets, though, should be a hefty one, in my opinion. Regardless of how they treated him, he should never have decided that killing them was the correct solution.

Thunderbird
02-23-2006, 12:23 PM
If he's tried as a minor, the most he can get is either 4 or 7 years (I forget if the limit is 18 or 21, but I think it's 21), and then he's free with a clean slate to boot. If he's tried as an adult, then he can possibly get life in prison (or even the death penalty).

Monica
02-23-2006, 01:36 PM
http://www.courttv.com/trials/posey/022306_sentencing_ctv.html

They charged him as a juvie this morning. That's good because if he had been sent to prison, it would probably turn him into a real psychopath.

MacWeirdo42
02-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Hmm... In my thinking, either (a) he was abused, which explains what happened, or (b) he was mentally ****** up to begin with. Normal people don't do this kind of thing. *sigh* I think I've said that before (under differnt circumstances), but the point is, he needs some serious treatment either way.