PDA

View Full Version : Vault

vegeta1215
02-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Coca-Cola just released a new citrus soda called Vault. And guess what? It's Surge! (well, really close to it)

Thanks to the efforts of a community of Surge fans over at http://www.savesurge.org, Coca-Cola has released this new product that tastes almost exactly like Surge! It has a slightly different aftertaste than Surge, but it's still awesome. I urge everyone to go out and pick up a 20oz (which is all thats out right now) and try it! :D

VI3T_DR@GON
02-21-2006, 11:52 PM
I saw this like 1 min after you posted this, so when my mom was gonna go get gas, I asked to go with her. Wow, that stuff is basically Surge! But not as much caffene.< Spelled wrong >

Grasshopper
02-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I loved Surge back in the day, with its warm welcoming green color. I picked up a 20oz for work at the our local Dollar Tree, and sure enough, it was Surge. I do love my Surge, but something I miss quite a bit now is dnL.

I could only get it at Kroger for the longest time, but then it just dropped off the face of the earth. The website still exists too, but there is no recognition of the 7*upside down drink.

Its good to see Surge made a come back in some strage new variation of it, but I do hope dnL comes back sometimes as well.

(What is it with my love for green soda?)

VI3T_DR@GON
02-22-2006, 12:47 AM
That was 7up mirrorized. Absolutely no difference at all. They canceled making dnL though, people wanted 7up more, so they didnt want to waste money in making a drink that no one really wanted.

ONeilcool
02-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Haha, I as well loved surge

I was looking at that site and one question came to mind

Who buys soda on ebay?

Beldaran
02-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Those kind of drinks are horrible for your health if you drink them regularly.

VI3T_DR@GON
02-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Heh, now Im gonna go buy a couple 20oz's and keep them for a while, cause $150+ for bottles of surge?? Thats crazy!

Tygore
02-22-2006, 01:53 AM
I had one today. It was great.

biggiy05
02-22-2006, 04:20 AM
They had one of these old ladies that needs something to do on the weekend standing by the entrance offering samples.

Drinks like a soda, kicks like an energy drink or something like that. I remember seeing a lady take a sample then go back and get 8 or 9 more bottles of it.

It's gonna be in cans at the start of May.

moocow
02-22-2006, 09:46 AM
I bought a couple of bottles last week (they were 2 for $1), and while it was okay, it had the same after taste of diet soda, and there's only two kinds of diet soda I can drink without it making me want to vomit. So, I gave the other bottle to my sister who liked it, so eh. I liked Surge, but this stuff I'm just not a fan of....

ZTC
02-22-2006, 01:26 PM
It's been quite awhile since I've had a Surge. I'll be on the lookout for this one.
I don't know which was better though, Surge or the Surge Slurpee....

War Lord
02-22-2006, 03:47 PM
I was a big fan of Surge, so naturally I love this stuff. Trying to get as much for 50 cents while I can now so I can stock up my mini-fridge.

vegeta1215
02-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Wow, I didn't expect so many replies. I'm glad everyone is enjoying it (well, most of you). The sales they're having on the 20oz are great, but I hope they put cans out soon.

I could only get it at Kroger for the longest time, but then it just dropped off the face of the earth. The website still exists too, but there is no recognition of the 7*upside down drink.

I wasn't a big fan of dnL. I thought it tasted gross. However, it tasted mighty good with a splash of Sunny D: http://www.savesurge.org/surge/matt_recipe.shtml

Daarkseid
02-22-2006, 09:37 PM
That was 7up mirrorized. Absolutely no difference at all.

Uh, no. I tried dnl, it's not the same. 7up has a sharp citrus taste, dnl a lighter fruity taste.

KJAZZ
02-23-2006, 01:17 AM
Hmm. Well, I wasn't the biggest fan of Surge back in the day, but a friend of mine was. I didn't really try more than a can or two, and it didn't leave that much of an impact on me.

Perhaps I'll try this. :shrug:

Grasshopper
02-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Well, I figured that was why they quit making dnL, but frankly I didn't see what so bad about it. I agreed with Daarkseid, it did taste different. I'm not a huge fan of Sprite, 7*up, or Sierra Mist, and dnL did not taste like that, it has fruity taste to it. It managed to keep a crisp taste while not becoming overly sweet like many fruity drinks.

I'm trying to switch to Gatorade and water. Its what I drink most of the time now anyway.

vegeta1215
02-25-2006, 03:33 PM
I usually don't drink a lot of soda, so I feel a little bad drinking Vault now. I'm limiting myself to one 20oz a day at the most though. I do drink a lot of water, so I'm sure that helps a lot.