PDA

View Full Version : boss flags!

Aegix Drakan
02-21-2006, 12:21 PM
what I am trying to do is this:

I have an occupied town in a desert. I want to make it so that when I kill a certain boss, Whenever I enter that town (from the overworld) It will be a freed town.

Please enlighten me!

rocksfan13
02-21-2006, 12:38 PM
You need to set a direct warp on the screen just before the entrance to town with a trigger enemy (only) and the boss flag. Have it insta warp to a screen identical to it but has the player go to the new town. Do this on every entrance. Set the level number of the dungeon that the boss was in to that dmap and it should work.

I'm doing this in my newest quest and it works great.

ShadowTiger
02-21-2006, 12:40 PM
You'll probably want to make a seperate map of it for the changes. Know what I mean by that?

Okay, .. so, .. first we'll need to work with level numbers. Make the Level Number of the DMap of your boss (Or whatever the boss flag is used with.) the same level number as the enslaved town, (Whatever you're planning.) ... then, right before the player walks into the enslaved town, make a screen where the level number is also the same as the Boss you kill to free the town, ... put a boss flag on that screen as well, (F12 --> Boss whatever.) Have a direct warp warp you to the freed area on the other map/area without a secret sound.

aarrr, Rocksfan posted before me. Eh, more info is better than less. :p

Aegix Drakan
02-21-2006, 01:02 PM
ok, thanks.

And by the way, will It mess things up if the entrance to the town is a "feed the goriya" type room? (I put this there so you can only enter the [occupied] town when you collect the bait [or in this case, proof of knighthood] )

thanks!

rocksfan13
02-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Any help is good help BH4!

It can Aegix. To avaoid it, put the warp room after the feed the goriya.
Specifically because guys aren't affected by the boss flag.

Aegix Drakan
02-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks a lot, both of you!