PDA

View Full Version : Weird warp problem

RPGAngel
02-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Hi. I'm hopeing someone can help me. A warp in my quest is acting very weird. Every time I try to enter a dungeon, it causes ZC to close. It's doing the same thing with the same warp when I try to check it in ZQ. It was working fine before and I havn't changed anything about it either. This started up after my other problem, when I used the change qsb to qsu and import as qsu trick to get my quest back after ZC made it dissapear on me. At first I thought everything was fine again, until the first time I entered that warp. I just can't figre out what's wrong with it. I did try changing the destination room to a different room, but the same thing happened.

Nimono
02-20-2006, 10:51 PM
It's because you changed it. Quest files are .qst, not .qsu or .qsb.

RPGAngel
02-20-2006, 11:03 PM
I saved it as a qst again after importing it though, so it's a qst again. Would that short time as a qsu have been enough to mess it up?

Nimono
02-20-2006, 11:04 PM
I don't know. I never mess with the extensions on files.

RPGAngel
02-20-2006, 11:11 PM
I don't either, usually, but someone suggested changing the qsb to qst to try getting my quest back, and even though it didn't workk it got me to wondering about a change from qsb to qsu, whitch did work. I still don't know why it dissapeared in the first place, but I wonder if this problem could be connected in some way.

firefly
02-20-2006, 11:46 PM
I don't know. I never mess with the extensions on files.

*.qsu = Unencoded quest (Exported)
*.qst = Normal quest

RPGAngel
02-21-2006, 12:12 AM
I just found out what the problem is, and I was right, it is connected to the other problem I had. The quest I got back when I did the name changing is missing the last 4 maps that I had done, which is weird because I had been continually saving up to the point of the first problem. So the back up should have been up to date, but wasn't, and I didn't realize it until just now when I tried to go to the map the warp leads(or used to lead) to and it was empty. Oh well...man I hate that I lost all that work, but at least I did get back most of the quest. Now I've just got to try to remember how I had those two bonus dongeons and final dungeon.