PDA

View Full Version : This has been in the works forever: TLoZ: Dark Hailing - Public beta - whatcha think?

punkonjunk1024
02-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Basically, topic.
First thing I've ever released... except my tileset, but god...
That doesn't count. Uhg.

Plot synopsisish (from readme)-
Link settles down on a quiet, sparsely populated island in the far western
reaches of hyrule. Our hero one day finds himself strangely awakened on a
cloudy night, drawn into the enigmatic northern woods. Link travels into these
woods, and into a cavern, at which point he finds himself abruptly awake on
his doorstep, in a puddle of sweat and drool... Our hero decides its time
to find a sword, and venture off into this cave, to see what lies within...

Yup. Just incase you're too lazy to read the Q&A when you get stuck... That tree in the woods needs to be shot with an arrow.
Yeah. You'll figure it out. head to that Q&A if something is badly confusing you.

DOWNLOAD ME (http://fast.filespace.org/punkonjunk/DHBeta1.zip)

Here's some screens. If any of you can recreate Rakki's error, take some screens of what you did. I cannot recreate his error. Something might have happened in the upload, but I doubt it.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/TLOZ_DH/DHSC5.jpghttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/TLOZ_DH/DHSC6.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/TLOZ_DH/DHSC7.jpghttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/TLOZ_DH/DHSC4.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/TLOZ_DH/DHSC3.jpghttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/TLOZ_DH/DHSC2.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/TLOZ_DH/DHSC1.jpg
Sweet.

It's in a heavily modified pure set... More mods will be seen as it keeps going. Aditional documentation in the zip as to story line, and bugsheet for the filling out.

Basically, wondering wtf. Sound good? Alot of stuff (cheat included, stfu before you give me crap) has been the same since I started, and I was too lazy to change it. I actually just finished this beta, and got unbanned, so I was like wtf make it public?
I'm a bit sick of alot of people I know playing it, they don't know enough about ZC to tell me I'm a noob or whatever.

I want to know whatcha think. :)

DL ME ZOMG!

DarkFlameWolf
02-21-2006, 12:22 AM
screenshots, I don't ever download a quest without at least seeing what it looks like.

Rakki
02-21-2006, 02:20 AM
Hey guy, there's a bug in the title screen. =O I sat there and listened to the music, and right after it started to loop back around to the beginning, I got timed-warped to the screen south of the title, apparently on a different Dmap. Going down from this screen takes you back to the normal title, going up takes you to the title with no music (where you can wait and let it warp you again, if you want), and going right takes you into screen 71, which CAN allow you start walking around in the layers of a map labeled "F***" only without the stars (I think you can guess what letters go there). I can't remember how I got there, but I know when I tried going up, I ended up back in screen 71 again.

punkonjunk1024
02-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Shit. I beta tested it and it was 100% clear on 2.10.
I'll have to rerun, and fix it up for 2.11b tonight. Uhg.

Aireal Albatros
02-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Shit. I beta tested it and it was 100% clear on 2.10.
I'll have to rerun, and fix it up for 2.11b tonight. Uhg.

I wish you more than the best luck punkonjunk1024 I can't wait to try it out I know it'll be GREAT or BETTER have a nice day everyone!

punkonjunk1024
02-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Everything fixed up. DL it DFW! ITS GOT SCREENS!

ShadowTiger
02-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Well Holy Bloody Hell, man! I totally forgot that you were making a quest! *Downloads* I can't wait to check out your work. :) Judging by most of your screenshots, you definitely know what you're doing with this.

punkonjunk1024
02-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Make sure... You check out the minigame... Before you leave distant hyrule... It is so fucking pwn, I spent SO LONG SETTING THAT UP TO WORK.
It' so cool.

Rakki
02-27-2006, 04:22 AM
The Bow & Arrow mini-game? The one that's one screen to the right of your house? I don't mean to shoot you down or anything, but that's simple. At least, it seems simple enough. Kill all the enemies to advance to the next screen, before time runs out. Of course, I've never really seen a mind-blowing mini-game made in ZC as of yet, so, props on making one that's at least a mildly entertaining way to get a Heart Container. :p

punkonjunk1024
02-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Yeah... well, I did it in 2.10, so if thats somehow easier to do now... or something... I was proud of myself. Do we have something that stops timed warps after you trigger secrets? If not, suggestion forum time. :P

I was pretty proud of the setup of those spike floors, but it's not much for exciting. Just annoying. :)

Rakki, were you able to recreate that problem you had that you mentioned?

Rakki
02-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah... well, I did it in 2.10, so if thats somehow easier to do now... or something... I was proud of myself. Do we have something that stops timed warps after you trigger secrets? If not, suggestion forum time. :P

I was pretty proud of the setup of those spike floors, but it's not much for exciting. Just annoying. :)

Rakki, were you able to recreate that problem you had that you mentioned?
...What's this about spiked floors? I don't remember any in the demo. >.>; Although I did play the older version, so... Yeah. I'm testing the new one now, to see if I can encounter the same bug.

Edit: Yeah, I just downloaded it again, and played it, and let it sit at the title, and it warped me again.

punkonjunk1024
02-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Oh, it occurs from sitting at the title? I'll check that out.
Um, so theres two actual overworldish things available, all those screen shots should be available.
You should get the bow in the abandonded house, and um... shoot that epilepsy causing tree with it... (I'm working on a better way through, shut up) and head up through the forest, like you did in the dream. It's not that crappy a beta.
You'll head someplace else, theres 3 parts to that dungeon in the woods, and you need to hit up all three sections... in a particular order, which you'll figure out.

Just checked out waiting on the screen.
Yeah, I see the problem. Fixed. Don't do that. :P
They're the same download. There are 2 complete dungeons, one in antient hyrule, and one in the Reden Wilds. The one in the Wilds has 3 chunks, as I mentioned. There is a distinguished end to the beta, you'll know when you get there.

elise
02-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Tried this in the 210 and the 211b6
I can get behind the first tree in dark Hyrule and thats it , the log there doesn't take me anywhere :shrug:

Rakki
02-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Tried this in the 210 and the 211b6
I can get behind the first tree in dark Hyrule and thats it , the log there doesn't take me anywhere :shrug:
Yeah, I was just going to say that. Shooting the tree with the arrow wasn't hard to figure out (I did it when I first played, right after I beat the minigame), but when you go in the log, it doesn't warp you when you hit the top of the screen. It's probably a long shot, but I'm going to guess the room number for the side warp is set up correctly, and that the problem is that the side warp simply isn't set to the top of the screen. :p I've done that in my own quests, at least, and then wondered what happened when my side warps didn't work. Then when I'd go check the box, I'd be like, "Duh, idiot, you didn't set it to a side." :p

punkonjunk1024
02-28-2006, 11:56 PM
It's actually a tile warp... WTF? when I went through it in 2.10 it worked completely fine. I'll investigate today or tomarrow.

Rakki
03-01-2006, 02:19 AM
Oh, well, it still doesn't work, for me. I'm using 2.10 as well. Though you CAN set it to a side warp, that will work off of the edge of the map.

elise
03-01-2006, 09:27 AM
In 210 the mini game doesn't work for me cause the ticket doesn't show up
I played that in the 211b6

punkonjunk1024
03-01-2006, 10:44 AM
I haven't run it fully in 2.11b6 yet. I'm going to do so tonight, most likely. Uhg.... Bugs...