PDA

View Full Version : Items that change Link's appearance without adding defence

Nimono
02-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Okay, I'd like to know if it's possible to have an item that works like a Ring (changes Link's appearance) but doesn't decrease the damage you take. I'm making a quest where I would LIKE this to happen.

Rakki
02-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Changes his appearance like with the shields, or changes his palette like the rings do? Because the first is possible, but I don't think the second is (for items besides the ring). I'll check out ZQuest right now to see if I can change it, though.

Nimono
02-20-2006, 07:28 PM
No, I mean, make it to where the item only changes his appearance, and doesn't do anything else.

idontknow
02-20-2006, 07:33 PM
The misc. item + Link modifier for that item

Nimono
02-20-2006, 07:36 PM
And how do I make a Link Modifier for the tile? Does it have a number or anything?

Rakki
02-20-2006, 07:38 PM
The number you put in there will increase/decrease (for negative numbers) the frame used for Link's animation by that number of tiles. Like, if you put in a 4 and then picked up that item, Link's animation frames would all use the tile 4 to the right of the normal one.

Nimono
02-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Oh....

eXodus
02-22-2006, 02:03 AM
You have to organise your Link tiles well to use them. The easiest way (especially if you're still using the old Link tile layout) is to have the different 2 row sets of Link tiles one after another and make the Mod numbers twice the size of a row.

Link Tile Mods activate while you have the item, and revert when you lose it - look at the shields and you'll see what I mean. Remember, however, that Tile Mods accumulate. If the Bracelet and Boots had a Tile Mod on it, and the Shields still had theirs, then all three values would be added to the tile number. Also, a Tile Mod on a subweapon will stay on as long as it is in your inventory, not just while it's on the B button or actually used.

As far as what IDK suggested though, does that also work for things like Heart Containers or Triforce Pieces? And does it add the Mod more than once for the same type of item?