bunjee
02-20-2006, 12:30 PM
http://bunjeee.free.fr/glZelda/Pictures/glZeldaMini1.jpg
Hey guys,

I've released the first version of an open source Opengl 2d engine based on the
Zelda3© game from Nintendo®.

Featuring :

1. Comprehensive engine :

- Optimized zoom features, see link from the sky or in the eyes.
- Day and Night cycle.
- Fully hq3x filtered original Zelda3© sprite.
- Animated curtains adapting their speed depending on the time period.

2. Editor :

- Rebuild the entire world.
- Add or replace the characters and monsters.
- Add or remove dialogs.
- Add or remove collisions and scripts.
- Runtime included editor.

Check the full details on my blog :
http://bunjeee.blogspot.com/

Screens:
http://bunjeee.free.fr/glZelda/Pictures/glZeldaMini2.jpghttp://bunjeee.free.fr/glZelda/Pictures/glZeldaMini3.jpg

moocow
02-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Your images are huge, you might want to try linking them.

Masamune
02-20-2006, 01:29 PM
This like the Open Zelda which was discontinued or..?

jman2050
02-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Wow, that looks pretty cool.

Too bad it's advertising and against the rules. Read them next time.

Beldaran
02-20-2006, 03:10 PM
fuck the rules, this is awesome. It's just I'm not going to be the first person to download some random executable from some dude's blog and let it take over my comptuer. If someone can verify that this isn't a virus/trojan thing, I'll play with it.

AlexMax
02-20-2006, 03:18 PM
fuck the rules, this is awesome. It's just I'm not going to be the first person to download some random executable from some dude's blog and let it take over my comptuer. If someone can verify that this isn't a virus/trojan thing, I'll play with it.

Doing so right now.

And unless this is a trojan, leave this guy the fuck alone about the 'advertising'. This isn't some faceless jackass trying to get hits on some faceless corperation's website, this is someone who spent a lot of time and effort working on something that he thought we would be interested in. He put some effort into his work and into his post detailing it, so cut him some fucking slack.

EDIT: It's legit. And very nice too.

Masamune
02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
I downloaded it a bit ago. This is pretty cool... Nice work indeed.

(And I didn't find any trojans.)

koopa
02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Verified. Great game. This is simply amazing.

Masamune
02-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Where did you get the music you used? I'm absolutely adoring it... :o

jman2050
02-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Aren't those who register solely to advertise something frowned upon? *Shrugs* Oh well, if there's no problem with this thread, then I don't have a problem with it either. I apologize.

bigjoe
02-20-2006, 04:17 PM
I think its partially to do with whats being advertised.

Like, if someone registers to advertise some sort of scheme where you gotta get people to click it,and recruit them as a gang member in some advertising website, then no.

However, if its something interesting that you put a lot of time into,such as a fangame or a comic, then maybe it's acceptable. I don't speak for the staff or anything, but many people have shown off fan games here in the past.

Beldaran
02-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Well, he made this zelda game and knew that this is a zelda forum, figured we'd like it. I don't see the glaring violation of ethics. If I recorded a heavy metal song that blew people away I might post at the Pantera forums or something. No harm done.

*b*
02-20-2006, 05:07 PM
this is freaking awesome. I love the way the overworld is displayed, and the day/night effects. it's too bad that the bushes/grass can't be cut, but it is still in development

I can't wait to see how far this goes

mikeron
02-20-2006, 05:14 PM
I had given up hope on a Zelda3 editor. Very nice.

AtmaWeapon
02-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Aren't those who register solely to advertise something frowned upon? IMO it is a matter of how the advertising is accomplished. We have several examples of "Hey I just started a zelda forum and we have only 3 members I need lots more come join I will make u a moderator" that falls on the 'bad advertising' side. On the other hand, I'd hardly call an on-topic page-long post with screenshots and a list of features for an open-source game the type of advertising we'd like to discourage.

I'll give the thing (the program) a look if I can ever motivate myself to finish one of my assignments :/ I've always liked Zelda 3 :)

Darth Marsden
02-21-2006, 08:33 AM
This is freakin' awesome. Looks like I won't be playing the GBA version for a while...

Aegix Drakan
02-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Hey! Topic Creator! You should become a ZC developer! With your Elite skills, we could take ZC to a whole new level!

BTW, Excellent stuff you got there!

punkonjunk1024
02-21-2006, 12:15 PM
I'll grab this when I get home. But damn, is that amazing.
I can't wait to DL it. Good stuff, man.

ZTC
02-21-2006, 01:23 PM
I'll downloading it right now so I can try it when I get home.
This looks like a promising project.