PDA

View Full Version : ZC ate my quest!!!

RPGAngel
02-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Sorry if this isn't in the right forum, wasn't sure which one to use. Anyway, I still don't know what made ZC do this. It was so wierd, not to mention maddening as can be. I had finally gotten down to final debugging of my quest. It was an old one though, not my big one, thank goodness. I had decided to recolor and edit it some more. What happened was I did some midi searching in ZQ, then saved. When I went to open it in ZC, it said the quest was the wrong kind, even though I saved it in the same ZQ I had been using all day.This is all in 163 by the way. So I reopened it and did a save as, then went back to ZC. Even though I saw the quest in ZQ when I saved it, it was gone when I tried to open it, nothing but an empty quest!! I went back to ZQ again and tried opening it there, same thing. The only thing left of my poor quest was the name!! The only thing I did different the last time I saved before this started is when doing the midi searching, I also looked in my 2.10 folder(I hadn't before with the earlier searches). The only thing I can think of is that somehow, by opening and looking in my 2.10 folder, I caused it to do something to my 163 quest. Sorry for the long post, I just had to get it out of my system. I guess I'll never see my quest finished now. I have an older version, but it is before all the new work I had done, and I don't really want to have to do all that work again. So much recoloring, pallete editing, and tile editing/comboing.:(

Nimono
02-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Which version of ZQuest did you make the quest with, and which version of ZC did you try to play it with? If you made it in 2.10 and tried to play it with the earlyier version, then there's your problem. If not, I have no idea what happend and I hope you can get your quest back.

A minor note here: You didn't have to say "ZC ate my quest!!" as your thread name. That's a bit silly.

RPGAngel
02-19-2006, 07:29 PM
I used 163 for both ZC and ZQ. I know, I was just mad at the time and put the first thing that popped into my mind as the tittle. I wish I could get it back, but if it's possible, I don't know how to do it.

Nimono
02-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Well, I wish I could help you, but I have no clue what happened. Sorry.:(

RPGAngel
02-19-2006, 11:32 PM
That's okay, I kind of figured it was gone anyway. I just needed to talk about it, to get it out of my system, to quote my last post. I appretiate you asking about it though. I do feel a bit better now that I have talked abot it and have pretty much accepted that it is gone for good. At least I've still got my good quest, although now I'm almost afraid to work on it again. I'm not sure if I sould trust ZQ again, although it was probably just a fluke thing.

Edit: I have a question, how do you open the backup if you have ZQ saving that as well as the normal version? I just thought about that(I have that option checked), but have no clue how to open it.

Nicholas Steel
02-19-2006, 11:50 PM
dunno try renaming the end of the file to qst? for example...

zelda.qsb => zelda.qst

RPGAngel
02-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Thank you so much !!! The qst didn't work(it said wrong type again), but I got to thinking after trying that and tried qsu instead. Changing it to that and importing it worked!! So your idea helped me!