PDA

View Full Version : Dark/Freaky Kids Movies

Monica
02-19-2006, 03:04 PM
http://www.geocities.com/snortar/rants.html

I found this site on another forum, and it's just plain....@_@ About Willy Wonka, we DON'T know if those kids made it back or if they really WERE killed, and them being killed is far more likely. What are some other strange movies made for kids?

-All Dogs Go to Heaven
-The Secret of NIHM

I just made this topic for fun, and because I'm bored...^_^

Bender
02-19-2006, 04:16 PM
How about Corpse Bride? Kinda sick when you think about it, a kid's movie about necrophilia...

Machiavelli
02-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Shrek...

Shrek:"Well, I have to save my ass."

Sherk:"Do you think he's maybe compensating for something?"

Donkey: "Stop it, nobody likes a kiss-ass."

[about Snow White]
Magic Mirror: Although she lives with seven other men, she's not easy.

...and many more adult themes.

biggiy05
02-19-2006, 06:09 PM
I haven't seen a G rated movie in years. Every movie now that comes out is PG-13 even if it's a cartoon meant for kids. I will see a PG movie once in a great while but everything now is PG-13.

The new Willy Wonka movie which is the Charlie and the chocolate factory had the kids leaving the factory. I highly doubt they were killed in the original movie though. It's a chocolate factory with fat little orange men singing songs.

The first Shrek wasn't that funny but the second one had alot of adult humor in it that was hidden so the majority of the younger kids watching it wouldn't catch on and start asking mom and dad questions.

Rainman
02-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Brave Little Toaster was a sad movie and often disturbing movie.

Also, Dumbo was a scary movie for me as a kid.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
02-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Who Killed Roger Rabbit gave me nightmares for days :<

ONeilcool
02-20-2006, 05:27 PM
The little mermaid... Its not scary, but has MANY sexual things

there is a tower that looks like a penis on the front and durning the marrige scene the priest gets a boner

Lilith
02-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Brave Little Toaster was a sad movie and often disturbing movie.

Holy crap yes. It had awesome music but it was seriously disturbing, I had to fast-forward through the part where the air conditioner flipped out and died. Also, what was even the point of it? The older I get, the more I realize it has the weirdest/no point ever. Feel horribly guilty for throwing away appliances? Idk.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the end scene with the bulldozer...omg had to fast-forward. Terrifying. TERRIFYING.

Land Before Time, when Littlefoot's mom died, I had to fast-forward or I'd cry.

Most old Disney movies are pretty disturbing in some ways. Snow White gave me nightmares...Sleeping Beauty apparently gave my boyfriend nightmares, lol. The dragon part, which I thought was jawesome. Beauty and the Beast made me cry, but it's still one of my favorite movies ever. I need to watch these again :X

And ONeil, the priest doesn't have a boner, it's part of his knee that gets cut off in some of the shots because he's hunching over.

Monica
02-20-2006, 11:05 PM
I remember a few scenes of the Little Toaster, like the car cruncher, and wasn't it the vacuum who died? Can someone please remind me of the freaky stuff? I used to love the movie.

Grasshopper
02-21-2006, 12:33 AM
No, the vacuum got choked on his cord, thats all. He didn't die. I can't remember that scene too well. Wasn't he trying to lower an appliance down a cliff, and got choked?

The AC is the one who "died", although he didn't really die either. He just got angry and start blowing out too much air while fussing at the toaster, or the ham radio, the lamp, or who ever it was...., and he ended up blowing a fuse.

I always got scared when the storm blew Blankie away. I knew it happened everytime, but I always hoped the next time I watched it they keep him from getting blown away. :laughing:

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
02-21-2006, 08:35 AM
Oh yeah, and the Who Framed Roger Rabbit VIDEO GAME has scarred me worse than the movie :<

Darth Marsden
02-21-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Bambi or Ol' Yella (is it Old Yella which ends with the dog getting rabies and having to be shot down? I've never actually seen it), but I suppose they're the obvious ones.

I do remember the Secret of Nimh, that got to me when I was a kid, but the one film that really freaked me out - Santa Clause the Movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089961/) with Dudley Moore. I still to this day cannot watch that film.

Verman
02-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Secret of Nimh kicked ass! I had a crush on the mom mouse when i was little hahahaha

Ever watch the robin hood cartoon with the fox? that had scarey parts haha.

Only show that ever really scared me was ET. For some odd reason it gave me nightmares...

ah well!

Lilith
02-21-2006, 03:52 PM
ET freaked me out too, I hated that movie so much. Also, that movie with "High Five" the robot, I forget what it was called, but when he got beat-up I seriously bawled my eyes out and ran off screaming. I remember replaying the scene in my head for a few years and crying, I have NO IDEA why because I didn't even watch the rest/beginning of the movie.

Also, Neverending Story, something about a horse dying? Same thing, ran off crying/traumatized :P Poor horse.

Bear in mind I also loved typically morbid/violent stuff as a kid. Yet this stuff still freaked me out. Being a kid is weird.

koopa
02-21-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Bambi

Thank you for reminding me of a traumatic experience in my early childhood :( . Yes, I cried for like hours.

Other movies that scared me included the wizard of oz (don't ask) and chitty chitty bang bang (heelp! the evil child catcher is coming to get me AAARGH ...). Caused more than a week of nightmares, that one did.

Verman
02-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!! That was a fucked up movie and a half! It was rather creepy.

What about that movie with the other alien... Max? he drove around once on a remote controlled truck. his parents lived in a cave big skinny guys with big heads... That freaked me out a bit too. but not as bad as ET...

Lutraphobiac
02-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Sadly most of the movies that you guys have mentioned that are disturbing or sad are the some the best. Most cartoons today are to afraid to put some sad or disturbing things into the cartoon.

Verman
02-21-2006, 04:30 PM
I agree they are the best. Which is why we remember them :D

Yoshiman
02-21-2006, 04:32 PM
I can't really think of any movies that really freaked me out. O_o "All Dogs Go to Heaven" was one of my favorites, even though it was pretty morbid for a kids movie. Of course, that could be because I watched "It" (Stephen King) and "Alien" when I was younger as well. I was scared of clowns, but I wanted a pet xenomorph.

However, my aunt cried at movies like "Finding Nemo," "The Land Before Time," and "Bambi," because they all involve the death of the main character's mother.

Lutraphobiac
02-21-2006, 05:08 PM
I watched Braveheart when I was pretty young.... I had to leave during the battle scenes becuase I was getting a little sick. My parents were there but I don't think they minded us watching because it was violence with context.

Monica
02-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Oh yes, I LOVED All Dogs Go to Heaven, but I remember freaking out when Charlie fell out of heaven the first time. I remember asking my mom if you can accedently fall out and be banished from heaven after you go there, and she said no. ^_^

I'm a dog person, but what I find really traumatic is they sent all the cats to heck... I didn't really care, but that would be a horrible thing for a four-year-old with a pet cat to see...

Darth Marsden
02-21-2006, 07:53 PM
ET freaked me out too, I hated that movie so much. Also, that movie with "High Five" the robot, I forget what it was called, but when he got beat-up I seriously bawled my eyes out and ran off screaming. I remember replaying the scene in my head for a few years and crying, I have NO IDEA why because I didn't even watch the rest/beginning of the movie.

Also, Neverending Story, something about a horse dying? Same thing, ran off crying/traumatized :P Poor horse.

Bear in mind I also loved typically morbid/violent stuff as a kid. Yet this stuff still freaked me out. Being a kid is weird.IIRC, the movie was called Short Circuit.

EDIT: No, that's bollocks. Short Circuit (and it's imaginatively named sequel, Short Circuit 2) had a robot called Number 5, also known as Johnny 5. He's alive, apparently.