PDA

View Full Version : Ants

Beldaran
02-18-2006, 06:45 PM
You know what fucking bothers me about Texas?

BUGS.

I have ants living in my keyboard. I shit you not. They live under the keys, crawling out to look for food and get destroyed by a cd case that I'm using to kill them. I want to move back to Seattle. There's no god damned ants there. I miss that.

Anyone else live in bug infested shit holes they can't stand?

zoraking
02-18-2006, 07:02 PM
If you didn't eat when using you computer you wouldn't have this problem ;).

We don't have many bugs now, it's the dead of winter. In the summer we only have to combat houseflies and ants, and occaisionally bees. Other than that, there isn't much to worry about, we keep our doors and windows shut.

My recommendation to you, get Raid.

Darth Marsden
02-18-2006, 07:32 PM
We don't get many bugs, but in summer I always seem to get a fly that doesn't know where the open window is. FYI to any flies reading this - it's about half a meter to your right.

What we do get is spiders. There's a bunch of cobwebs in our house, and the little buggers keep crawling all over the walls. It's a bloody pain in the arse, as my fellow English brethren would say if they had the same problem. On the plus side, I do have fun smashing them with all manner of things, but on the down side, I then have to clean the walls. Bastards.

ShadowTiger
02-18-2006, 08:29 PM
... Holy f*ck, Bel, ... ... Ants in your keyboard. I seriously feel for ya man. =/

I'm reminded of that story someone here linked to where this diabetic woman in India got eye surgery, and had this pain in her eye, and complained about it but nobody believed her, ... Ugh. Ants were eating her eye under her bandage. =/

I hate little things which feast. It's only one of the myriad of reasons why I love Winter. >_<'

Lilith
02-19-2006, 03:32 AM
Ants are pretty freaky. I heard there's some kind of super-colony in Spain that's overrunning everything but I forget.

All I hate here is the huge house centipedes, and bees. Fuck those guys.

*b*
02-19-2006, 03:47 AM
I have ants living in my keyboard. I shit you not. They live under the keys, crawling out to look for food and get destroyed by a cd case that I'm using to kill them.
one word: vacuum. if you've got one with a detachable hose, just suck the little bastards right out of there. it should work, anyway

there's lots of bugs in Oregon, but most stay inside. when we find birch beetles inside, we smash 'em, but if we find ladybugs, we release them, because my mom likes them

but yeah, a high-powered vacuum should take care of your ant problem

Yoshiman
02-19-2006, 12:47 PM
In the summer, bugs try to wage a war on us.

We get ants mainly upstairs in the kitchen, where they try to attack your food while you're making it. Usually, they get smashed by a hand or paw (dog plays with the little buggers, and then sniffs them when they stop moving).

Yellow Jackets also like to fly in our sliding screen door if you leave it the tiniest bit open. They come in, fly around for a bit, then fly into the windows trying to figure out how the hell they got in. Flyswatter for them.

Centipedes like to crawl around in our bathroom shower, as well. Nothing like waking up, undressing to get in the shower, and seeing a centipede sitting on the soap going "Hey babeh."

punkonjunk1024
02-19-2006, 02:04 PM
We don't have a basement... we have a crawl space.
And we get these fucking terifying centipedes. Usually centipedes don't freak me out much, I kill the fuckers and go.
But these things... look like they're hairy catapillars. They're legs go up in big fucking arcs and down again, and they move so fast... They scare the fecal matter right out of me. Like seriously. Like I pooped a little when one of those fuckers bit my toe. Or stung it. Or something.
Spiders and 'pedes. Just those freaky yellow hairy leggy ones..

Ants in the keyboard, though, gay. I'd get a can of canned air, and kill those fuckers.
Or just sprinkle ant poison under the keys, and as was said, don't eat over the keyboard. Maybe take the thing, and freeze it. I don't know if it'd ruin it, but it'd kill the ants off, then clean it real good, and poison it. No more ants, methinks.

Ant infestations used to piss me off so bad.

Oh man, and we got this asian beetle infestation up here, somehow.
These things look like lady bugs, but they bite like no other. They're a little less red, thats the only way to tell really. The fuckers suck.

wtf are you in texas for? Something about steers and queers. You've probobly heard it alot.

mikeron
02-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Every now and then, I see a butterfly in my backyard. But that's not really a complaint. :p

Dechipher
02-19-2006, 11:36 PM
I hate fucking bugs. There's always cockroaches and shit running around my house and in my microwave. Fuck.

Grasshopper
02-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Ants in the keyboard isn't any worse than ants in your pancake syrup bottle.

Somebody didn't close the lid one night, and I woke up the next morning and fixed some waffles. I squeezed the bottle real hard to get the syrup out, and nothing came. I gave the bottle another hard squeeze wondering why nothing was coming out, and 5 or 6 big black ants popped out, then I looked at the bottle, and it was loaded with ants. They started crawling out of the hole in the top, and the syrup in the bottle had ants swimming it. Not like 1 or 2, but like 20-30 of them. And they were all alive, climbing all over my waffles. Bleh...

It was just like the horror movies where the seemingly innocent food is all of a sudden covered in maggots.

And during the fall, we get these freakin' huge spiders (http://www.sanffo.co.uk/~gibdo/Files/Spider.jpg) all over the place.

AtmaWeapon
02-20-2006, 12:15 AM
My dorm has quite the infestation but I put a stop to it in my room and our bathroom at least.

Put those ant bait poison thingies close to your keyboard. I have no shame in saying I delighted in watching the ants swarm the bait and diligently bring it back to the nest.

I've been pretty much ant-free since about 2 weeks after laying the bait. From time to time I see an ant or two, but it used to be 10-15 an hour.

Lilith
02-20-2006, 12:37 AM
We don't have a basement... we have a crawl space.
And we get these fucking terifying centipedes. Usually centipedes don't freak me out much, I kill the fuckers and go.
But these things... look like they're hairy catapillars. They're legs go up in big fucking arcs and down again, and they move so fast... They scare the fecal matter right out of me. Like seriously. Like I pooped a little when one of those fuckers bit my toe. Or stung it. Or something.

Yeah, once I was pissing and I happened to catch something out of the corner of my eye and it was a huge goddamn centipede heading right towards me so I jumped up and pissed all over myself and the floor, and I didn't even realize it for a few seconds. That's how much those things terrify me. TERRIBLE.

Beldaran
02-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Like I pooped a little when one of those fuckers bit my toe. Or stung it. Or something.

Yeah, once I was pissing and I happened to catch something out of the corner of my eye and it was a huge goddamn centipede heading right towards me so I jumped up and pissed all over myself and the floor, and I didn't even realize it for a few seconds. That's how much those things terrify me. TERRIBLE.

lmao These make me laugh.

wtf are you in texas for? Something about steers and queers. You've probobly heard it alot.

Texas is ok. I moved here because I could not fucking stand the cold weather in Seattle. I hate being cold.

punkonjunk1024
02-20-2006, 09:10 AM
It was more like a shart, but fuck, if you saw one of these things running all over the place -
http://meanderthal.typepad.com/dope/images/creeper2.jpg
FUCKING - A.

Uhg. I just got the shivers googling that crap.

moocow
02-20-2006, 12:29 PM
I HATE BUGS.

My biggest fears are spiders, anything with HUNDREDS OF LEGS THAT MOVES FAST, and grasshopper/crickets. When I was pregnant, there was a grasshopper in my room, and I seriously wouldn't sleep in there until I knew it was gone. I was like, screaming and crying and yelling for my mom, lol, she thought I was in labor. Nope, just a GRASSHOPPER. I fucking hate them. Also, I'm so scared of spiders that I scream and cry for my 14 YEAR OLD LITTLE SISTER to come kill them. Yes, I'm a pussy.

Also, bees suck. The first really cold day we had this winter, we were finding bees in our house. I WAS FREAKING OUT.

Oh yeah, one time, when I was like, 14, I went to take a shower and found a tiny pinkish/white colored FROG looking thing IN THE BATHTUB. Yeah, I was scared to death of the shower for like a month. I showered at the neighbor's house, lol.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
02-20-2006, 01:29 PM
"Also, I'm so scared of spiders that I scream and cry for my 14 YEAR OLD LITTLE SISTER to come kill them. Yes, I'm a pussy."

Replace sister with brother and you've got Lilith :(

Bees can suck my cock.

algam86
02-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Aside fron an occasional roach or fly, we don't get bugs here...we get cats! Seriously, there are, like, five of those things outside our house. They just won't go away. And there's a crawl-space under our house they keep getting into. We've been thinking about putting some mothballs down there.

I don't really mind bugs unless there's, like, a swarm of them. Then they get kinda annoying, so I get a bottle of Raid and a shoe and squash the crap out of them. That happened once at a picnic, and me and my sister had a ball!

Also-

http://meanderthal.typepad.com/dope/images/creeper2.jpg

Yikes! First time I've seen a 'pede in a while.

Lilith
02-20-2006, 06:16 PM
"Also, I'm so scared of spiders that I scream and cry for my 14 YEAR OLD LITTLE SISTER to come kill them. Yes, I'm a pussy."

Replace sister with brother and you've got Lilith :(

Hey, I kill more spiders than you know since they're ALL OVER MY ROOM. I've just learned to spider-punch and get over it.

And Pojo HOLY SHIT GET THAT OFF MY SCREEN

btw, one of the reasons I'm so scared of them is that you have to beat them to death with an object to get them to die. They usually crawl up my walls, so if I just hit it once, it'll fall off and crawl away at 4309583 mph. I've tried using heavy bug spray, but I'd just end up spraying and spraying and it's be wiggling and dying and crawling everywhere and then I'd finally stop spraying and hit it with a fly-swatter and ALL ITS LEGS WOULD FLY OFF AND JERK ERRATICALLY AS IT DIED OH GOD

punkonjunk1024
02-20-2006, 08:26 PM
btw, one of the reasons I'm so scared of them is that you have to beat them to death with an object to get them to die. They usually crawl up my walls, so if I just hit it once, it'll fall off and crawl away at 4309583 mph. I've tried using heavy bug spray, but I'd just end up spraying and spraying and it's be wiggling and dying and crawling everywhere and then I'd finally stop spraying and hit it with a fly-swatter and ALL ITS LEGS WOULD FLY OFF AND JERK ERRATICALLY AS IT DIED OH GOD

You fucking know that scared the shit outta me just to read.
IF IT DIED WHEN YOU SMACKED IT FINE.
Same with those fucking pedes. That thing can lose 40 legs and still be OK, no fucking joke. I spit on one once and that thing turned into a bullet, and those legs just fucking hung out there, twitching....this gives me fucking shivers.

Uhhhhhg I HATE INSECTS LIKE THAT. Malicious ones, with the bitey bitey.
Leaf bugs, walking sticks, pill bugs, little bugs like that... or really slow, nice bugs, are kinda cute.
But F-that, with the pedes and the spiders.

And if you keep a fucking tarantula around, you're either going for "wow look I can do something neat, I have a tarantula, I have no fears!" or you're just fuckign wierd.
I'd rather be deathly afraid of spiders than deathly afraid of dying and public speaking. Thats my rationalization.

ShadowTiger
02-20-2006, 08:42 PM
lol, well said, poj.

Man, this thread is fun to read. >:-] *lol* My favorite lines:
and then I'd finally stop spraying and hit it with a fly-swatter and ALL ITS LEGS WOULD FLY OFF AND JERK ERRATICALLY AS IT DIED OH GOD
I spit on one once and that thing turned into a bullet, and those legs just fucking hung out there, twitching..I'm just drinking it all in. I've gotten all those before. I dislike insects, but it's not they're fault they're so ... ... ... ... chewy.

OMFG J/K ... ... ****ing asdfj.asdfj ... @_@'

Horrible.

It's always nice to have a myriad of little objects with which to deliver a whopping 500 points of crushing damage to any given insect. Too bad you have to either throw it in that obligatory "I squished something gooey with this item" pile, or wash it forty six times before you can even consider bringing it out of that pile.

KJAZZ
02-21-2006, 01:46 AM
Our house is on top of an anthill. If we leave anything out in the kitchen, it'll be ant-filled by morning. Luckily, we haven't had any to deal with recently.. Maybe because it's been somewhat cold.

Regardless, I hate ants.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
02-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Julie why can't you just learn to centipede punch :<

Lilith
02-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Because they bite :(

Jerimy
02-23-2006, 01:37 AM
Lol im sorta new so hi :) anyways back on topic:

I HATE SPIDERS!!! in oregon (oregon city of course) a ton of ants spiders flies and bees (no peeds though :D) me and my dad spent like 9 hours having a blast with news papers becoming masters at killing flies, with the count we killed 123 flies.. we have no ants and very few spiders though (the spiders here are actually quite nice daddy long legs) we just kinda let em out but if we are tired throw something at them >.>

we also get these damned hobo spiders that scare the hell outta me, one time i hit one with a cup and its back legs were twitching a ton and crawled under my computer desk using its 2 front legs, since then i have kept my legs up on my computer chair.. thingy

VI3T_DR@GON
02-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Well, one time I left a bag of chips on my living room floor, and when I woke up the next morning, I went to get a chip, I looked at it, it looked fine, there were just holes in them, then my mouth felt weird, and I put my finger in my mouth and an ant was there. I looked in the bag and there were tiny red and black ants in it. I dont eat chips anymore. ;(

ShadowTiger
02-23-2006, 10:05 AM
We have a little garden in our backyard that we like to help maintain. We keep large (I mean, HUGE.) bags of soil next to the garage. We were moving them around a bit, rotating them, etc, and we discovered that the bag closest to the garage had become a self-contained anthill. I have never seen more ants in my entire life. They were all over the lawn, the side of the garage, ... ... even stepping on the bag shook away more ants than dirt. I wish I could've put a flamethrower to it. It would have been far, far easier (and probably a lot less deadly. XD ) than me having to pick it up with gloves and throw it out onto the curb, and spray it with a hose.

ZTC
02-23-2006, 01:31 PM
bah, the other year during the summber, our house was infested with ladybugs; it was quite bothersome to suck the little bastards up by the hundreds every day

punkonjunk1024
02-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Lady bugs aren't that bad once you've met asian beatles. I think I mentioned it already.

One time when I was little, I had to take "my pill" (mmm ritalin) And my mom was like "just drink this pepsi" Yeah long story short, the pepsi had an antfarm in it. I literally had like 30 ants in my mouth. It was fucking sick.

Just imagine that. Dear god.