PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Legendia

KJAZZ
02-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Anyone else bought it yet? The newest "Tales" game in English, (Phantasia coming out on GBA next month..) I'd say it's pretty good, myself. If you liked Symphonia, you'll probably like this game as well. Symphonia's battle system was a little different from the traditional tales games, though, being 3D and all.

After you beat the main story, there are chapters after you "beat the game," but they're not sidequests, they're just parts of the story that develop the other characters more. My only problem with the game is that in these later chapters, there is no voice acting outside of battle, because they had to make cuts in the US version. Bah. The rest of the game has voice acting though. :P

Regardless, it's a good game. Pick it up. :P

firefly
02-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Tales of Symphonia is one of the best games I ever played, I completed the game in 72 Hours, unlike Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault, games that I completed in 5-6 hours, they were good games though.

*b*
02-17-2006, 08:33 PM
I've been watching this game for a long time, but being in the backwater town that I'm in, nobody has it yet. however, the moment I see it, I'm going to buy it

Archibaldo
02-17-2006, 08:42 PM
I saw a few videos for it and it looks awesome. It's a shame that it's only on the PS2. I'm hoping that it'll be released for the GameCube, but I'm not holding my breath. If its as good as ToS was, it's definitely worth getting.

Kairyu
02-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Is the story better than ToS?
ToS was very fun, but the story was an overcliched bore.

I've seen it advertised as a combination fighting game/RPG. Is that close to right?

vegeta1215
02-18-2006, 01:04 AM
The art style for the characters in ToL looks really cool, despite not being cel-shaded (which is one thing I really loved about ToS). I hear the guy who did the characters for Samurai Champloo had a hand in their creation.

I was kinda bummed to hear that Tales of Legendia was only coming out for the PS2 :( It makes sense though - with the exception of Tales of Phantasia, all the Tales games have pretty much been on Playstation systems. That's where the fans are. Plus, I don't think ToS sold as well as they expected it too on the Gameucbe. (though it did sell pretty well I think). Speaking of which, ToS did eventually come out for the PS2, but only in Japan. I hear they got some extra unison attacks, lucky them.

KJAZZ
02-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Symphonia did very well in America, but not so much in Japan. In fact, the PS2 version sold more than the GCN in Japan.

Hmm, well, Symphonia is pretty cliche. Legendia seems like it has a couple of story elements that were also in Symphonia, but nothing major like having to recruit summon spirits. The story is a lot better overall though, IMO. The characters are a lot deeper too, especially with the Character Quests after you "beat" the game.

All in all, I'm liking it a lot so far. :thumbsup:

King Link
02-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Once I can scrounge up some money, this is one of the newer titles I'm going to have to get my hands on. :) It looks great.

Cloral
02-21-2006, 03:36 PM
I didn't even know they were working on another Tales title until I saw this thread. I'll pick this up, but I'm still playing through DQ8 and then I've got WA4 - and by the time I'm done with that ES4 should be out. So it looks like it'll be a while before I get to this game.