PDA

View Full Version : blazescallion-darkworld.qst - Regenerating GLEEOCK!

80s Knight
02-17-2006, 01:06 AM
In this quest there is a returning GLEEOCK on screen 73 of the overworld....

...HOW WAS THIS DONE?!?!

Bender
02-17-2006, 01:13 AM
Did it come back when you killed it, or did it come back when you reentered the screen?

80s Knight
02-17-2006, 01:21 AM
Killed it, left the screen, came back, it was there again, killed it again, left the screen, came back, there again, repeat indefinately.

(Note: This quest has both the "Temporary No Return Disabled" and "Enemies Always Return" quest rules enabled, BUT this is the only boss that returns! There is another of the same Gleeock (1 head) on screen 49 of the overworld, but he does not return after death! None of the other bosses do. The only other things that regenerate after death that normally don't are moldorms).

I just tried it again. It's like when you go into the screen, it's empty of enemies for a second, then BAM, they all come out of nowhere, Gleeock included.

firefly
02-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Probably they are not flagged as 'Dungeon Boss'.
It's Gleeok, not Gleeock.

80s Knight
02-18-2006, 12:40 AM
It's Gleeok, not Gleeock.

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess. :D ;)

But anyway, that's not the case. Neither the Gleeok on screen 49 or 73 are flagged as dungeon bosses, but one returns (73) and the other does not (49).

Also, after more playing, I've found a regular Digdogger (not kid) is on screen 62 and 2 patras are on screen 68, and these bosses also return every time. However, the Aquamentus on screen 67 does not. NONE of these bosses are flagged as Dungeon Boss.

If all it took for a boss to return was to not set the dungeon boss flag, I'm sure we've have seen heaps of returning bosses by now.