PDA

View Full Version : I'm reviing The Last Defiance

Revfan9
02-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Yep that quest Ganondork was working on that I took up? Well I abandoned the project. But I am bringing it back.

I currently have Toaru Village and some of the Hyrule overworld complete. And the story has been for months now. Here's what I call a Zelda outline of the quest:

Link's dream
Boss: Blue Aquamentus
Toaru Village
Hyrule Castle Town
Ama's Rescue
Dgn 1: Forest Maze
Boss: Catterpilla
Kakario Village
Dgn 2: Anchient Roots
Boss: Ganon Statue
Toaru Village revisited
Dgn 3: Starlight Grotto
Boss: 4-Headed Gleeock
The path to Dylania
The nomad settlement
Dgn 4: Vulture Rock
Boss: Mammoth Skull
THe night that followed
Dgn 5: Zora nest
Boss: Dark King Zora
Dylania-The land of Shadows
Iron City
Dgn 6: Iron Temple
Boss: Mechanical Goron
Goron Village
Dgn 7: Tower of Flames
Boss: Valvarion
Silver city
Silver Palace
Dgn 8: Hero's Crypt
Boss: Zombor
The Orgin of Thunder
Dgn 9: Silver Temple
Boss: Gray Aquamentus
Dgn 10: Thunder temple
Boss: Yellow Aquamentus
Ganon's Plot
Dgn 11: Breeding grounds
Boss: Ganon
The true enemy
Dgn 12: Silver Palace
Boss: The 40-headed Gleeock
Boss: Link's Memories
The last threat
Dgn 12: Temple of Life
Boss: Dark Ana (you lose for the sake of the plot)
The destruction of the universe
The anachronism
Boss: Dark Ana form 1
Boss: Dark Ana form 2
Boss: Dark Ana form 3
Boss: Dark Ana form 4
Boss: Dark Ana form 5
The ressuerection of the universe
Boss: Dark Ana form 1-5
Boss: Dark Ana form 6
Boss: Dark Ana final form
The End?

Reading a Zelda outline:

normal text=(story/walking around)
Dgn X:=Dungeon
Boss:=Boss fight

Nimono
02-16-2006, 10:06 PM
WOAH. That is one BIG quest. I hope it goes well.

Revfan9
02-16-2006, 10:21 PM
It's not that big. It's only a 12 dungeon quest. Here's my Zelda Outline of OoT

Kokri Village
The Deku Tree
Dgn 1: THe Deku Tree
Boss: Gohma
Death Mountain
Goron City
Dgn 2: Dondongo's Cave
Boss: Big DOndongo
Zora River
(oh I forget what it's called, the place where the zora's live)
Dgn 3:Jabujabu's belly
Boss: Electrojelly
Temple of time
Lost woods
Dgn 4: Forest temple
Boss: Phantom Ganon
Goron City
Death Mountain Crater
Dgn 5: Fire Temple
Boss: Valvarion
(the place where teh zoras live)
Lake Hylia
Dgn 6: Water Temple
Boss: (I forget what it's called, the water ameoba thing)

YOu get the idea.

VI3T_DR@GON
02-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Well he is just listing everything you have to do, so obviously its long.

Nimono
02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Well, I know that Ocarina of Time was a bit easy for me... except the Shadow Temple. It was hard getting through it, and those Skulltula things scare me (they also startle me when they appear. And the only reason Skulltulas scare me is because they look so ugly and creepy. I can't stand them. Although... that's only with the large ones. The Skullwalltulas and Gold Skulltulas aren't that creepy at all. I like defeating those things!).

But anyways.....

Your quest IS big by LoZ standards. When I say that a quest is big, I mean that it has more than the standard number of dungeons for an average Zelda game (9-10 is most common). But... I made a 16-Dungeon quest before. AND you had to complete the first 15 to beat the game! Of course, the quest has some minor issues....

Oh, and the boss of the Fire Temple in OoT is called VOLVAGIA, just so you know. And the Zora's home is called Zora's Domain. It's a bit different than what I first though it would be like...

firefly
02-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Ocarina of Time, that game was too easy for me, that's why I prefered Majora's Mask.

The bosses:

Deku Tree - Queen Gohma
Dodongo's Cavern - King Dodongo
Jabu-Jabu's Belly - Barinade

Forest Temple - Phantom Ganondorf
Fire Temple - Volvagia
Water Temple - Morpha
Shadow Temple - Bongo-Bongo
Spirit Temple - Twinrova
Ganon's Castle - Ganondorf
Final Boss - Ganon

Nimono
02-16-2006, 10:31 PM
I liked beating Twinrova. Koume and Kotake are funny, especially when they start fighting about their ages....

VI3T_DR@GON
02-16-2006, 10:31 PM
It really wasnt hard, I loved Majora's Mask. It was a lot cooler. And comparing it to Ocarina Of Time, Majora's Mask wins everytime. Unless you ask me, "Which Zelda game was good, but lost it after a while, and made you bored of easyness?"
But when I first played it, it really was hard. Then it was easy, after beating it 13,000,000 times.

Nimono
02-16-2006, 10:39 PM
I've never played Majora's Mask, so I'd say that OoT is better. Besides, I don't exactly like the idea of a 72(or is it 74?)-hour time limit where each hour is about a real minute. I'd be so nervous about missing the door that takes you back in time, I'd probably miss it for sure! (Yes, I've been reading a walkthrough for it.)

firefly
02-16-2006, 10:40 PM
I loved Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower Temple!
I completed 5 times OoT, including one 100%.
I stopped playing it after I got MM, it was soo fun using the Crooked Cartridge glitch in both games!!!

I'd be so nervous about missing the door that takes you back in time
???, you had to use the song of time to go back in time.

Revfan9
02-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Well I have been working on the story for months now and other people have heard it and they think it's good. and it better be. Sry I don't have any screens right now. Or even a demo.

EDIT: YES the final boss, Dark Ana, does have 7 forms you have to fight. And there's story in the middle that breaks up the fights. It's a very cinematic fight.

Nimono
02-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Wow. But you can probably expect something with a little bit more "cinematics" when the time comes for me to finish my remake of Oracle of Seasons.

Revfan9
02-16-2006, 10:55 PM
There will be more than cinematics. I said it would be a very cinematic fight. The universe gets destroyed and resserected again in the fight. And I could also go into an in depth explanation of how his 7 forms work, but I am too lazy.

firefly
02-16-2006, 10:58 PM
It's no good to make many cinematics in a quest, they make you lost interest on the quest while building it, and they are difficult to do.

Nimono
02-16-2006, 11:03 PM
It's no good to make many cinematics in a quest, they make you lost interest on the quest while building it, and they are difficult to do.

Well, would cutscenes make YOU lose interest in building a remake of OoS? I'm going to do it, even though I've never made a cutscene before. However, with a little help from pictures, I can make a remake of the quest that actually looks exactly like the original game! But just making it LOOK like the original isn't enough. No, this quest will NEVER be done until I can make a perfect replica of the game. Until then, I'm only going to make the areas of the quest. No guys, no strings, no cutscenes, and no Triforce. I'm just going to build the areas and draw up the items until the quest is ready to be put together.

Revfan9
02-16-2006, 11:11 PM
*coughemulatorcough*

Nimono
02-16-2006, 11:16 PM
*coughemulatorcough*

Wha? What in the word does THAT mean? And I don't mean the coughing part.

Revfan9
02-16-2006, 11:18 PM
An emulator with ripping features.

Nimono
02-16-2006, 11:22 PM
And what is that?

And FYI, I'm talking about the second word in your post.

Revfan9
02-16-2006, 11:25 PM
An emulator is a program that executes instructions in the same way anotehr platform would.

So an NES emulator would scan the data on the cart and execute it in the same way the NES does.

Nimono
02-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Oh...
So, you're saying that if I wanted to make an OoS remake, I should get a GBC/GBA emulator? If so, then I'm not going to do it. I'm going to wait for ZC to be upgraded even more. Enough to make a perfect remake, that's for sure.

Revfan9
02-16-2006, 11:36 PM
To rip the sprites. I use emulators. But then again look what happenned to me <_<

Phazite
02-17-2006, 02:08 AM
I loved Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower Temple!

+++++
Best temples in 3D Zelda games EVER! Music, puzzles, and everything! (Sorry, off topic)

Nicholas Steel
02-17-2006, 03:09 AM
(off topic) zelda mm crashes about 2 - 3 hours of playing which is just enough time to get to great bay temple and beat it... the reason it crashes is because it gets almost redhot both my console and catridge. i never did beat it but aside from it crashing i enjoyed every minute of it. zelda oot is a piece of cake once you figure out how to get the silver scale and where to get it... (i spent months searching for where to go next and finally resorted to a walkthrough, once i found the silver scale i didnt need the walkthrough anymore.)