PDA

View Full Version : A few more enemy questions

Bender
02-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Do Like Likes face left and right, or they don't face either way? I want to change their sprites.
Which one would you say is harder, Ganon or the Fire Gleeok?
And which Gohma was the golden arrow one, again? There's no way I'd put the gold arrow in a quest!

Nimono
02-16-2006, 09:58 PM
1: The sprite for them going in ANY direction is the same.
2: Both. Fire Gleeoks can only go so far, but do much damage when they DO get you (and they will once the heads come off), while Ganon is tough to hit while he's jumping around and throwing Fireballs at you. I've even touched him a few times before trying to find him!
3: I think Gohma 4 is Golden.

Nicholas Steel
02-16-2006, 10:22 PM
use ganon and 3 fire gleeoks. (if you wanted a hard final boss)

VI3T_DR@GON
02-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Well Fire Gleeoks arent that hard, but try 10 Fire Gleeoks, tell me how your battle went. Hahaha...

Nimono
02-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Give me the Mirror shield and I can take them on. Especially so if you also give me the Master Sword.

eXodus
02-16-2006, 10:33 PM
A multi headed Fire Gleeok isn't that bad except for the ghost heads. It's when the old "several Gleeoks in one spot" routine is employed that players have problems. Because there is no longer a gap between bursts of flame, you have no way to attack without getting hit. Z1 Ganon is just annoying, not really health consuming...

Nicholas Steel
02-16-2006, 10:45 PM
10 fire gleeoks wit the walls lined with shooting statues? now that would be hard and annoying!

Nimono
02-16-2006, 10:47 PM
I know something harder (unless you've beaten OoS):
A full remake of Oracle of Seasons! You can expect me to release this very idea in... a few years or so. Unless the next ZC version includes enough stuff for me to make the remake when it comes out. Then you can expect it sometime between the release of 2.11 and the end of next year. ;)

firefly
02-16-2006, 10:55 PM
I know of something harder:
10 Deathknights in a small room half-covered with spikes "Damage (4 hearts)" and center statues, with the 'statues shoot fire' rule enabled, and Link with only 3 hearts, no ring and a wooden sword to defend himself.

eXodus
02-16-2006, 10:56 PM
No, 10 5-Headed Fire Gleeoks are way harder than going through the entirety of both Oracles games combined. Now, hopefully, people will try to do both just to prove me right or wrong. Hehehe...

Besides, 10+ Death Knights is the hardest you can get in ZC to date. If anyone can find a harder battle that doesn't involve evil combos or flags, then I don't know what nigh on impossible is...

Nimono
02-16-2006, 10:58 PM
I know of something harder:
10 Deathknights in a small room half-covered with spikes "Damage (4 hearts)" and center statues, with the 'statues shoot fire' rule enabled, and Link with only 3 hearts, no ring and a wooden sword to defend himself.
Oh yeah, that's hard.

Pineconn
02-16-2006, 11:17 PM
One word: Windrobes.

5 4-headed Fire Gleeoks and 5 Windrobes? Darn near impossible. Well, and add conveyors, falling rocks, traps, Zoras, fire-shooting statues, hammer posts scattered among... ;)

Nimono
02-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Woah. I wonder what would happen if you combined all the Zelda games ever made into one quest? It'd be weird, I know that. BUT! What if you took OoA, OoS, and TMC and put THEM together (as in, the items, tiles, enemies, dungeons, and puzzles), using TMC puzzles in Oracle dungeons, and Oracles puzzles in TMC dungeons? That'd be weird, hard, and eerie!

eXodus
02-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Technically, all you'd have to do is kill the Windrobes one at a time. Every time you get sent back and re-entered the room, the Windrobes you killed last time are still dead. Sure, it would take many trips, a Red Potion and frequent use of the Quit-Save trick, but that's the case with most beyond-evil bosses. BTW, didn't I say without resorting to cheap tactics involving flags and combos?

Nicholas Steel
02-17-2006, 12:16 AM
use the enemies alway return rule and then windrobes will keep coming back!

edit: Friday, 17th Februrary 2006 - typo fixed

eXodus
02-17-2006, 12:30 AM
use the enemies alway return rule and then wizzrobes will keep coming back!
BS-Zelda related blasphemy!!! :mad:

Nah, I just despise that stupid thing, that's all...

Nicholas Steel
02-17-2006, 12:45 AM
oops my mistake i meant windrobes.

updated previouse post.

Bender
02-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Actually, the Fire gleeoks, 3-4 of them, will be incorporated as the head on a custom boss, with magic-shooting statues. :D

Rakki
02-17-2006, 05:57 AM
No, 10 5-Headed Fire Gleeoks are way harder than going through the entirety of both Oracles games combined. Now, hopefully, people will try to do both just to prove me right or wrong. Hehehe...
Actually, I think I killed that many Fire Gleeoks in a quest recently. Labyrinth of Dinus has a multi-Fire Gleeok boss which I died 20 times at before I beat it, because I had to keep killing as many heads as I could, hoping I killed a dragon in the process. I didn't have any potion either. :rolleyes:

Oh, and also, am I missing something? What's so hard about the Oracle games? I've beaten both, both ways even (starting on Ages and finishing on Seasons, starting on Seasons and finishing on Ages). Granted, I haven't gotten all of the rings on either one yet, but I've still beaten them both.

LJ Bad
02-17-2006, 11:58 AM
To answer one of Bender's original questions, you CAN have Like Likes face different directions. If you're using new enemy tiles then the first set of 4 tiles is for the Like Like walking up, the second set of 4 is for going down, the third set is for walking left and the fourth set is for walking right.

In a Resident Evil quest I was making, I replaced the Like Like's sprites with zombie sprites, so I know this works.

Bender
02-17-2006, 04:56 PM
To answer one of Bender's original questions, you CAN have Like Likes face different directions. If you're using new enemy tiles then the first set of 4 tiles is for the Like Like walking up, the second set of 4 is for going down, the third set is for walking left and the fourth set is for walking right.

In a Resident Evil quest I was making, I replaced the Like Like's sprites with zombie sprites, so I know this works.
Cool! See, pikaguy900? You CAN have Ghini 3's! :D

Nimono
02-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Cool! See, pikaguy900? You CAN have Ghini 3's! :D

Actually, Like Likes only damage you whren you first touch them, AND they eat your shield. Ghinis from TMC damage you for as long as they're licking you, but they don't eat your shield.

Nimono
02-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Actually, I think I killed that many Fire Gleeoks in a quest recently. Labyrinth of Dinus has a multi-Fire Gleeok boss which I died 20 times at before I beat it, because I had to keep killing as many heads as I could, hoping I killed a dragon in the process. I didn't have any potion either. :rolleyes:

Oh, and also, am I missing something? What's so hard about the Oracle games? I've beaten both, both ways even (starting on Ages and finishing on Seasons, starting on Seasons and finishing on Ages). Granted, I haven't gotten all of the rings on either one yet, but I've still beaten them both.

I said that OoS will be hard if you haven't beaten it before. Anyone who's new to it may have a hard time with it.

firefly
02-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Actually, Like Likes only damage you whren you first touch them, AND they eat your shield. Ghinis from TMC damage you for as long as they're licking you, but they don't eat your shield.

There should be a rule for preventing your shield tp be eaten.
But then the Like-Likes could be... Useless...

Nimono
02-17-2006, 06:08 PM
That's why a new Ghini 3 would be better. Now I'd better get to working on the overworld of my OoS remake. Can't let that wait. Too bad I'll get the enemies wrong....