PDA

View Full Version : I want to play counterstrike, but I can't download all that patch crap on my modem.

punkonjunk1024
02-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Pretty simple. Are the patches available elsewhere for download, so I could do it at say, my lady's house, or even at school... Because it's like 500 some megs, and I'm sick of letting it run over night. It's not going fast enough. I got steam downloaded, and I have halflife. it's good to go - I just need the patch.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

...and please don't tell me I shouldn't play CS on my modem. I'd also like to play halflife, offline, which I can't do without getting YET ANOTHER PATCH.

Masamune
02-16-2006, 09:15 PM
My only advice would be to get the up to date gcf files for your game. Like, maybe you could find them on a torrent or something, or run steam on your lady's computer and let it update your games. Go into steam/steamapps and get the gcf file. Compress it with winRAR or something (they're very compressable). Burn it. Then copy it into your steamapps folder.

Beldaran
02-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Playing on a modem, you will get your anus stretched to the limit by all the ass raping you will endure. Everyone who still plays CounterStrike is a super talented addict at this point.

punkonjunk1024
02-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I know. I used to be great at it, I'd play it at an internet cafe. I'm hoping modem lag wouldn't make it impossable to use.

Thanks masa, I'll try that out. Just pull all the steamapps gcf files, and it should all be playable?

Masamune
02-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Yes. That is correct. But you should be able to determine which files you need and not.