PDA

View Full Version : Is 2.10Test Really Worth Playing?

Chronic Smoker
02-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Is 2.10Test really what it is? Just a test not meant for completion? Is it possible that we can beat the game in 2.10Test? Or are there just too many bugs? I'm just asking because it seems like there's a countless amount of bugs with it that stop you from exploring certain dungeons, getting certain items, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Basically, If I wish to play Zelda Classic all the way to the end, should I play just the regular classic version? Or is it actually possible to complete 2.10Test?

Nimono
02-16-2006, 04:27 PM
It's possible, but there are minor errors:
1: No magic meter
2: No Bombs to hold
3: You can't get the L-4 Boss Key

Just open 210test in ZQuest (it doesn't have a password) and fix this stuff! After that, you CAN beat it.

Chronic Smoker
02-16-2006, 06:01 PM
It's possible, but there are minor errors:
1: No magic meter
2: No Bombs to hold
3: You can't get the L-4 Boss Key

Just open 210test in ZQuest (it doesn't have a password) and fix this stuff! After that, you CAN beat it.

I've already changed the stuff with the Bombs, and the Magic Meter, but what about this L-4 Boss Key thing? Can you please tell me how to fix it before I start playing?

firefly
02-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Misc. Data->Subscreen type->Revision 2.
I never had problems with that, probably I got an updated version of the quest...

Chronic Smoker
02-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Misc. Data->Subscreen type->Revision 2.
I never had problems with that, probably I got an updated version of the quest...

Is that it? When I press OK on Revision 2, it doesn't seem to make any changes on screen.

Nimono
02-16-2006, 06:13 PM
I've already changed the stuff with the Bombs, and the Magic Meter, but what about this L-4 Boss Key thing? Can you please tell me how to fix it before I start playing?
Okay, on the Level 4 Dungeon, look for the boss key. I can't tell you what screen it is because I accidentally overwrote 210test... But, it should be a screen with stairs. If it helps, scan over the screens while on page 2 of the bottom sidebar menu. That way, if there's a secret stair combo on the screen, you'll know it by the location of the yellow square (it'll tell you the coordinates under the stair square). If there's a secret combo flag on the screen, click the flag on page 2, and go through the rooms using the arrow keys. Find the room with Secret Item=Key (Boss) and find the stair combo that takes you to the Item Room. Change the combo to stair.

Also, Revision 2 tells the SUBSCREEN type. If it doesn't change the subscreen (it won't normally), then you're already using it. Read what I just posted in this post. This paragraph down here at the bottom is an edit so I can answer your question without waiting 1 minute.

DefEdge
02-16-2006, 06:17 PM
The lvl 4 dungeon room, if you know where it is, is the one right before you get the ladder, and head up one screen onto that island. That is where the stairway is, but one half of the stairway is set as stairs, and the other side is set as cave (walk down). Because of how the tiles are set for walkability, you can't travel down the stairs.

Chronic Smoker
02-16-2006, 06:34 PM
By any chance, is this the path to the L-4 Dungeon?

2.10Test>Quest>Maps>Goto Map>2

If it is, then I think I've already fixed that staircase problem. Can someone please verifiy it's L-4 Dungeon for me by following the path above?

Nimono
02-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Map 2 is where the first 6 dungeons are, unfortunately. Look for a brown dungeon. There's 2 of them, though, so look for one in the shape of... a Demon, I think it is. Or maybe a lion. Or Dragon. Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Chronic Smoker
02-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Alright, I found L-4 Dungeon, and found that room with the staircase. What do I do now? Sorry if I seem dumb, it's just that your instructions were a little too complicated.

Nimono
02-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Fix it. Just go to the tile and right-click it. Change the combo type to stair.

Chronic Smoker
02-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Done. Thanks for the help, and being so quick with your answers.

Now, are you sure that's the end of all the 2.10Test bugs? It'll be very disappointing having to start all over again just to fix another one.

Nimono
02-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Hey, I hang around to help.

...And to hope that people like my suggestions...