PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Riders

idontknow
02-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Is anyone anxious to see how this game does? Is anyone definately gonna buy or thinking about possibly buying it?

I might, cause it looks really fun! At college we play Super Mario Strikers (Aka "Mario Soccer) in my house all the time, so it'd be cool if this game has us addicted the same way. It seems like a cool racing game & a fun 'party game'.

So what do you all think the game will be like?

Darth Marsden
02-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I have a horrible feeling it'll end up like TrickStyle, but I feverently hope it won't. The idea's certainly interesting, and I've no doubt it'll end up better then Sonic R, but given Sonic Team's track record with 3D Sonic games, I expect it to end up in the 60-70% region.

Even so, I'll probably get it anyway. I'm a self-confessed Sonic fan, but I couldn't find a decent userbar to put in my sig so I left it out. Wish I had enough space to put more of those things in my sig, there's a bunch of others I'd love to include. Ah well, needs must.

vegeta1215
02-16-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm curious about it. Also, a team from Sega made F-Zero GX - makes me wonder if any of the same people had a hand in Sonic Riders.

punkonjunk1024
02-16-2006, 08:19 PM
It looks like it'd be really really stupid. I'm a big fan of game-oriented racing games, like mario kart, it's the only kind I play alot of. But from the bit I saw about it, it looks damn stupid.
I dunno though, I'll probobly end up renting it. I'd be nice to have something giving mariokart a run for the money.

vegeta1215
02-17-2006, 12:59 AM
They plan to make it easy to play, but after reading this article, it looks like there will be a fair amount of strategy in the racing too: http://cube.ign.com/articles/681/681150p1.html

UPDATE: I just watched a trailer for the game from IGN, and man does it look fast! I'm even more anxious to try it now :)

ONeilcool
02-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt a sonic racing game an oxymoron? Isn't sonic suppose to be the fastest and no one can match him. Ok so now they are on boards...could sonic like run faster then he rides?

Darth Marsden
02-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt a sonic racing game an oxymoron? Isn't sonic suppose to be the fastest and no one can match him. Ok so now they are on boards...could sonic like run faster then he rides?
Only in cutscenes. ;)

DarkFlameWolf
02-17-2006, 10:41 AM
well, its been a trait of all 3D sonic games to be absurdly hard and have bad play control. I just hope this one is different.

Dogchew9
02-17-2006, 07:28 PM
The other 'cube sonic games were good, up until Sonic Heroes. I bought Shadow the Hedgehog and it wasn't much better, not fast paced enough (You have to go around anxiously looking in every little spot and destroy your targets instead of a real fast paced Sonic adventure) Hopefully this game will redeem the series. (And bring back the Chao Garden, too! I <3 Chao I have a Solid gold chao on its second life with everything 'cept stamina at 99, stam is 17. LONG LIVE CHAO!):D

Darth Marsden
02-18-2006, 07:15 AM
What, even Sonic Adventure DX? Man, there were so many problems with that game... :( SA2Battle was about the only one they really got right on the GC. Didn't stop me buying them all though... :shrug:

vegeta1215
03-29-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm suprised no one has said anything about this game now that it is out. I got to try it last week at EB Games. PS2 shitty analog sticks aside (I played it on the PS2), it played well and was pretty fun. Those that were wondering about it should at least rent it.

Aegix Drakan
03-29-2006, 03:28 PM
it's just an awesome game. especially when you have 4 friends who also like to play it. The cameo levels and characters are also great! I'm still trying to gewt all my golds on mission mode.