PDA

View Full Version : Haunted grass

Bender
02-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Alright, in a Zelda-type quest I'm working on, there is a place where, when you slash the grass, you get attacked by Ghinis. Now, I know how to accomplish this, but my question is:
Can I prevent the player from getting any hearts or rupees when he slashes the grass and still keep the look of walking through tall grass? Should I assign the grass as a shallow water combo? Or is there some other way I should do it?

Darth Pikachu
02-16-2006, 10:40 AM
They're should be a combo for slash instead of slash --> item. If you set the grass to that, you should be fine. Cool idea!

Bender
02-16-2006, 10:47 AM
I thought those were flags, not combos...
Actually, I just figured it out (I think): Set the grass as "shallow water", then put slash flags on top of the grass!

Master Zebulin
02-16-2006, 07:03 PM
I thought those were flags, not combos...
Actually, I just figured it out (I think): Set the grass as "shallow water", then put slash flags on top of the grass!

I hate ghinis....they stick their stupid tounges out at you! It's annoying! It's like they're saying: "neiner, neiner, neiner! You're not hurting me!"

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

firefly
02-16-2006, 07:11 PM
It's like they're saying: "neiner, neiner, neiner! You're not hurting me!"

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Use Super Bombs, send 'em back to the grave!!!

Nimono
02-16-2006, 07:14 PM
When I read Master Zebulin's post about the Ghinis, I got an idea: Ghinis that act like they do in The Minish Cap. Think about it: One Ghini starts licking you, then you get away from it and land on another! So funny.

Master Zebulin
02-16-2006, 08:18 PM
When I read Master Zebulin's post about the Ghinis, I got an idea: Ghinis that act like they do in The Minish Cap. Think about it: One Ghini starts licking you, then you get away from it and land on another! So funny.

Ewww! Ghost spit! Yuck!:D

Master Zebulin
02-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Use Super Bombs, send 'em back to the grave!!!

(bursts out laughing) Yeah! S-bombs blow anything to bits....EVEN YOU!!!:D

Bender
02-16-2006, 09:15 PM
I hate ghinis....they stick their stupid tounges out at you! It's annoying! It's like they're saying: "neiner, neiner, neiner! You're not hurting me!"

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Recolor and edit the Classic Ghini sprite to look like a demon! :evil:
Those Classic Ghinis are creepy looking.

Nimono
02-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Not really. The Ghinis in The Minish Cap are annoying, as they think Link is tasty. :D Or maybe they just need something to annoy.

Master Zebulin
02-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Not really. The Ghinis in The Minish Cap are annoying, as they think Link is tasty. :D Or maybe they just need something to annoy.

Does the lickey-lickey actualy hurt? Or is it just annoying?:confused:

Nimono
02-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Both. As long as the Ghini is licking you, you're going to take damage. Have you ever played The Minish Cap before? These Ghinis are in Dark Hyrule Castle.

Master Zebulin
02-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Both. As long as the Ghini is licking you, you're going to take damage. Have you ever played The Minish Cap before? These Ghinis are in Dark Hyrule Castle.

Unfortunatly, no. No I haven't. But, I wanna...

Nimono
02-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Oh, well....