PDA

View Full Version : Item Upgrade

Nimono
02-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Okay, in the quest I'm making, I've put the level of each item that can be upgraded. For example, the wooden sword shows the sword and "L-1". However, I'd like the level number of the item to appear in the subscreen ONLY. Is it possible to have the item NOT have the level number beside it when you pick it up, but it show where the sword is on the subscreen?

MarioBrosCom
02-16-2006, 06:54 PM
If you put the sword without the words as a layer on the screen, and then set it so that when you step on that combo it directly warps you to another screen where the you can pick up the item, that should work... But it'll show if you have "Hold up item" on, so you'll have to make the words flash on and off during the item animation and then turn off "Animate held item", so that the words don't appear when Link holds up the item... Or you could just make it so that Link doesn't hold up the item... But either way, you'll have to make sure that Link can never access that first screen again, because the sword on the layer will still be there...

I hope this helps... This is all I could think of...

Nimono
02-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Well, I was wanting it for my new quest. It's a surprising one (and it's impossible to make right now, but I want to get started on it now before anyone else makes it), as it's a remake of Oracle of Seasons. It'll be just like the original game! Meaning Link holds up EVERY item the first time he gets it....

Bender
02-16-2006, 08:34 PM
I want to get started on it now before anyone else makes it
Exactly the way I feel about my RE quest! Of course, since it won't be a remake of any RE games, I guess I'm safe, but it would still be cool to be the 1st to make any kind of RE quest!!!

Nimono
02-16-2006, 08:37 PM
I've never played Resident Evil. It's got too much violence for me. Now, I may be the age that kinda-likes violence, but in truth, I hate it. Makes me wonder why I like the Metroid Prime games.....

But if you check out me "New Ideas" thread on ZC Suggestions, you'll notice ideas (just about all of them) that will contribute to me making MY remake. Of course, the biggest one is my only Dmap/Map idea....