PDA

View Full Version : I need a picture of the overworld and dungeons of OoS!

Nimono
02-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Okay, I know I'm asking for something really big, but I need a picture showing all of Holodrum, Subrosia, and the insides of the dungeons/houses in Oracle of Seasons. I'm trying to make a remake of the very same game off the top of my head, but the problem is, it's been a while since I last played the game, so I don't remember where everything is. I can remember that level 6, Anceint Ruins, was in the upper-left corner of the map (Screen 00 on ZQuest), but that's all I remember... I know it's impossible to make a perfect remake of BOTH of the Oracle games right now, but I just want to go ahead and get started. After all, I know that it won't be long before plans are made to make ZC even more like these Zelda games than before.

VI3T_DR@GON
02-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Get the tiles from A Link To The Darkness' quests that PolygonX8 made, they are unpassworded, so just take them from the quests. I think it is only Subrosia though.

Nimono
02-15-2006, 07:53 PM
No, I don't need the tiles. I already have the tiles. I need to refresh my memory on where each object, cave, item, and dungeon was in the Oracle games. In other words, I need a picture (not tiles or quest, PICTURE) of the whole game of OoS (That is to say, the overworld and dungeons).

VI3T_DR@GON
02-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Oooo, then look for them online! Search in Google Images, and find Pictures Of Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.

You should get a lot of picts.

Nimono
02-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Okay, thanks. I hope that works.

Okay, so far, I'm just getting pictures of stuff like the front box... What I need is kind of like the "View Overworld Map" rule: I need a picture showing all of Holodrum, so I can take each tile in my new tileset and make the overworld. Plus, I need complete pictures of each of the dungeons in Oracle of Seasons. I can't do very much without the pictures, and I don't exactly have the game.

Rakki
02-16-2006, 02:53 PM
They're not in gameboy tile size, but they're large enough to be able to tell what tiles go where. Link. (http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/gb/zelda7/seasons/maps.shtml) :D

Nimono
02-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks. I'll check 'em out. And, if this works, all that will be left for me to do is wait for the Oracles Subscreen, the Oracles Potion, the Custom Item editor, and various other things needed to make the quest a reality.

Phazite
02-17-2006, 01:56 AM
I don't know what kinds of maps you wanted, but here anyway.
Maps of OoS (http://www.zeldacentral.net/oos/maps.shtml).

Also, mabe I can help you with this quest if I ever have time to.

Nimono
02-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Ooh, thanks, but I might not need the help. Unless of course, you know what enemies are on which screens. This quest has to be PERFECT, which poses a problem that may not be solved for years...

Phazite
02-17-2006, 10:01 PM
If you're planning to make this quest exactly like Oos, then it will take years. Even the size of the overworld and dungeon screens aren't the same. You'll have to draw a lot of tiles too. Some things I can't imagine doing in Zelda Classic like putting the stones in the gate at the entrance to Tarm Ruins. I know you're thinking of in the future, but how about doing a version of for 2.10 or 2.11 or something so you don't have to wait so long.

I could show you what I've done so far. It's not much, but it was made just for fun (and it has the right enemies on each screen).

Just a suggestion.:)